Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys and Gals
I'd like to add a wire going out to each mirror and change the bulb socket so the light on the mirror blinks brighter with the directionals. has any one done this already? So I don't have to reinvent the wheel? Which socket and bulb to get, where to connect the wires in the junction blocks, etc.
DodgeBrotherJim in CT

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I did this. I used a 7443 LED lamp from SuperBright LED, and a basic socket from eBay. It required me to trim the plastic where the socket goes in, then I used silicone RTV to hold it in place. I also removed the diffusers at this time. I took things apart and measured first, many of these lamps are too deep to fit.

Something that I've seen others do is to install a halo ring on the outside of the lens. This can be glued on and doesn't require trimming of the plastic, and retains the factory socket for the 194 lamp. This might be something to look at.

I'll try to find what lamps I used. And while I did this mod, I installed Ezview mirrors and stuck an amber LED arrow behind the mirror.

Okay, these are the ones that I used. https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/tail-brake-turn/7443-led-bulb-dual-function-15-led-forward-firing-cluster-wedge-retrofit-car/795/816/?redirect_disc=0

1 - 2 of 2 Posts