Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2011 FJ - Iceberg White
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
The connectors and back of mirror. I'm becoming a pro at removing these.. 0.5mm faston male?

Note these pics are upside-down, the connectors are at the top of the mirror.

·
Registered
2011 FJ Cruiser Iceberg
29 Posts
Sweet!!
I am confident that the OP must have purchases JDM mirrors or did the wiring, I "believe" I read in one of the owners manuals that the mirrors are activated in two ways
1. At start up they cycle heat for a period of time
2. When you turn on the rear defog, the mirrors are activated

I guess I can validate with my multimeter

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have these on my ebay watchlist. Luckily, my mirror housings are prewired for the heating element. I just need to purchase the glass
Hi How would I know if my mirror housings are pre wired for heating elements like yours are? What should I look for? Let me know Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
"How would I know if my mirror housings are pre wired for heating elements?"

If you remove the mirror glass and you find a pair of wires dangling in that area then you'll know.
But, since NA market never got heated mirrors, I'd be pretty surprised to find any FJ pre-wired, except in the case of Friday Night Cruiser's vehicle where the previous owner apparently had done so.

·
Premium Member
2013 Trail Teams #181/2500<>< <*((^(((><
145 Posts
Hi, This discussion is three pages long. If you page back and read the threads you’ll see that it appears the wires do not come standard and must be added. There’s a picture of some wiring that appears to have been added after the fact. In addition it discusses some other items such as how to activate the heated mirrors.

<>< <>< <><. <*((^(((><

41 - 45 of 45 Posts