Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
What is the point of the diffuser anyway?

Maybe someone with some optics knowledge can chime in!

·
Admin
6,903 Posts
Very nice..... video was great too.
:cheers:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Using these VERY helpful instructions, I removed the diffusers last weekend. I've had LED bulbs in there for a while but this just makes them that.much.better.

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
Very nice write up, I appreciate the quality pics with highlighting the tabs and where to place the screw driver. Very good.

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Broke both side mirrors........getting those off kicked my arse!
Anyrate, installed amber bulbs after the diffuser removal.

This kicks arse!

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
it isnt necessary to use a screw driver.

there is a video by Diode on youtube that easily shows how to remove mirror by pulling on it.

·
Registered
566 Posts
FYI, your photo links appear to be broken.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Worked like a charm! I got the diffuser out of each mirror light and replaced the bulbs with a slightly brighter bulb. Looks so much better. Many thanks for the write up and video.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Decided to knock this out today. I'd already replaced the burnt out stock bulbs with amber LEDs, but because the wattage on them is so low, I was pretty disappointed with the output. Knowing removal of the diffuser should help, I gave it a go. Here's my process in pictures:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Before VS After:

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Hey guys-

OP here. Though I sold my FJ years ago and moved to a 100 series land cruiser, I've seen this thread getting a lot of attention and noticed the photos were dead. I just uploaded them to imgur https://imgur.com/a/xZ1S1 and placed the photos in the correct spots in the first post but they don't seem to load. So, I uploaded the files through the site. If someone wants to guide me to getting the photos in the post I will be happy to update it.

cheers!

·
Admin
6,903 Posts
Thanks for the write up. About to try this and now it makes sense (even with broken pic links).
I did this too now. It's still not super bright but I'm ok with that.

It just is now more obvious that it's an FJ to have the white lights on the mirrors... I stayed with the white.

I used a set of "dental picks" and used them to help get under an edge.

:cheers:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Just replaced my stock bulbs with the Diode Dynamics HP5's. Stuck with white to match my bumper lights. Followed these instructions step by step and it was a piece of cake. Love the results, especially with the diffuser removed. Thanks for posting this write up! Very helpful. :cheers:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Awesome post! Just used it to swap in some LEDs. Left the filter in for now cause I'm worried about it being to bright.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 41 Posts