Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all my driver side mirror light went out and I was wondering if there as anyway I can get the build from autozone or some where like that instead of going to the dealership and paying a ton for something so small! So do any of y'all know the size of the buld?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
Hey y'all my driver side mirror light went out and I was wondering if there as anyway I can get the build from autozone or some where like that instead of going to the dealership and paying a ton for something so small! So do any of y'all know the size of the buld?

You can buy them anywhere . Sylvania 7428

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
I used a 916 (7.3W) amber bulb. Make sure you remove the internal defuser for best effect. They look great and are nice and bright.

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
Can I get them in amber?

I'm sure you can. The bulb type if you don't get Sylvania and don't go LED is a wedge bulb 168/194.

I would go LED if you have to get under the glass anyway. Just as easy to install and brighter. They are really cheap too on ebay. I have all ebay interior LEDs and it's too bright, far brighter than any other car out there. Not too many stealth moves in the FJ after dark with the dome light on. I can be seen from miles away :lol :

·
Registered
878 Posts
I'm sure you can. The bulb type if you don't get Sylvania and don't go LED is a wedge bulb 168/194.

I would go LED if you have to get under the glass anyway. Just as easy to install and brighter. They are really cheap too on ebay.
I'm glad to hear this; I just ordered a couple sets of these today:

4x 194 168 5-SMD White High Power LED Car Lights Bulb
http://amzn.com/B0047RV8WG

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
I'm glad to hear this; I just ordered a couple sets of these today:

4x 194 168 5-SMD White High Power LED Car Lights Bulb
http://amzn.com/B0047RV8WG

Not a big loss even if you were wrong :lol: I think those bulbs only work on the license plate bulbs and mirrors in an FJ. I don't want brighter lights on my license plate though, I want to remove them entirely. Maybe install a James Bond flipping license plate for evading authorities :lol:

I paid about the same for my dome and cargo led panel that has like 30 or more LEDs!

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
Link? I wanna do that too, the Putco ones are ~$90 though.

Plug and play! 2 minute install. Bright as a summer day I warn you :lol:

Actually 48 LEDs haha

Don't install the "festoon" backwards or they will fry immediately. I made that mistake once:lol: I think that is the case with all LEDs or maybe just this style.

They come from hong long but I think only took like 10 days or less.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/180903978186

You connect the wiring on the far left, and the panel on the far right with the prongs into holes on the other. The bullet looking portion on the left goes into the dome bulb connection as the "bulb" , and that powers the huge panel. I just rest mine on the dome with no glue or tape.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I used a 916 (7.3W) amber bulb. Make sure you remove the internal defuser for best effect. They look great and are nice and bright.
Here are a couple pics. I tried several bulbs and even LEDs but i think this one gave the best light. The LEDs were too focused and didn't illuminate the fixture fully... if that makes sense.

i know i know ... old topic and old thread .... BUT!!!

this is exactly the setup i would like to have ... the colour match and brightness is all Goldilocks (not too bright and not too dim and the colour is just right :) )

any long term updates? bulbs burnt out fast or ???

was it plug and play or did you have to do some wiring/electrical work?

dremel anything for fit etc?

just my 2 cents but this is as close to ideal as you can get for the mirror lights
:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
I've had them in for over a year now and still working no burn outs. It was plug and play. Remove old bulb and defuser and install new bulb. Done.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Im rockin Lasfit.com in size of 168. I got them in 3 styles. I have the whites in currently. I just ordered a set of Amber.Then at checkout it said spend 10.00 more for free shipping so I purchased a set of Yellows.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts