Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anybody has tried using these lights in their mirrors, I'm running LED's right now but they are still really dim (which sucks cause I paid $12 for them at Lordco..) But so far they are the brightest that I can find online, if you have found brighter ones though, please share!!! If nobody has tried these before, then I will probably buy a couple and post the results.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/cat...edium=PPC&utm_campaign=BING+-+LED+-+WHITELEDS

·
Registered
63 Posts
there is a blue tinted filter in the light that keeps it from being too bright. it can be removed with a screwdriver and some needle nose pliers. should solve your brightness problem.

·
Registered
7,774 Posts
Those LEDs seem a bit long. Like said, remove the diffuser then measure to see if they will fit w/o contacting the lens.

But that is a good company to get stuff from.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I looked at the diode dynamics and it says that they only put out 54 lumens whereas the ones i found with the link above are 350 lumens, so i think i will try them out (that is if they fit) and thanks for the suggestions to take the diffuser out, i will look into how to remove it, which could help alot aswell. If i can get one installed, i will post a before/after pic. as well as a before/after pic of the current setup without the diffuser.

Again, Thanks so much!!

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have the Diode Dynamics HP5 which isn't even the brightest at 92 lm. It lights up my fenders and hood area pretty good at night with the diffusers still in. There is a 210 lm option. Also 3 year warranty is hard to beat.

Mirror LEDs for 2007-2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser (pair) - FJ Cruiser - Toyota - Products By Vehicle
I have the same set up and they are bright. I was going to take the deffuser out but forgot on the first side. Got a look at the brightness and decided to leave them in.

·
Registered
832 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I have the Diode Dynamics HP5 which isn't even the brightest at 92 lm. It lights up my fenders and hood area pretty good at night with the diffusers still in. There is a 210 lm option. Also 3 year warranty is hard to beat.

http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/...r-mirror-leds-pair/category/465/#!prettyPhoto
I have other diode dynamics light in car, and very happy with them

I have been reading on this forum to get "120 degree" lights for the mirror, which are best. Are the diode dynamics 120 degree?

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
I have other diode dynamics light in car, and very happy with them

I have been reading on this forum to get "120 degree" lights for the mirror, which are best. Are the diode dynamics 120 degree?
Honestly I've never heard of the 120 degree ones before, not sure what they mean by that. I don't think it matters much, I just wanted to change the color to white and didn't want them too bright.

·
Registered
7,774 Posts
I concur, I don't know about 120 degree lamps. My feelings are that much is determined by the lens. That spreads things out a bunch.

·
15,626 Posts
I like to support forum supporters. Try Super Bright LED, as an option. I have had good dealings with them..
Just to clarify, Diode Dynamics is a paid supporting vendor. Super Bright is not. I've purchased from both and SBs is junk IMHO. The dome lamp didn't fit the socket.

DD has a lifetime guarantee and has sent me a replacement mirror lamp at no charge. So has PIAA, due to a faulty solder connection on a yellow Ion fog lamp.

And Sylvanis zXe headlights are awesome for $55. :cheers: @lqdchkn for the recommendation. :grin

·
Registered
7,774 Posts
To clarify, SuperBright is not a forum sponsor, I agree. But they had LED lamps that fit, as in had the dimensions that I required. DD has a great reputation, per the forum threads. I don't have any first hand dealings with them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts