Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, not quite sure how to switch to the lighting forum.

I was thinking of making the mirror marker lights blink on and off with the directional signals. I like anything that makes me and my intentions more visible to other drivers. I would use a solid state relay with normally closed contacts and was powered by the power to the normal blinker circuit. This would leave the marker lights on when the blinkers were off, and when the blinker put power to the the relay it would turn the marker light off so they would blink opposite each other. This would tend to be eye catching from the front and hopefully make someone less likely to run into me.

I was wondering if anyone else had done this and had a suggestion for a relay and new what wire and where to find them. No sense in reinventing the wheel...

Jim in CT

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,829 Posts
Would be easy enough to do I would think. You could wire the same as the front with twin filament bulbs or LED equivalent so would function the same. If you used LED's I would think you could just tap into the existing circuits.

I have side repeaters added to comply with UK law, (side visible) and I swapped out my mirror lights for strobes which I can also switch to solid on.

Moved to lighting for you.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts