Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
it looks great guys, i took mine out today made the mount put it up there and just was not happy with the distraction it gives.. but i do like the looks of it.. ended up putting it back between my seats.. i may try something different at a later date though.. good post

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am considering doing this, but i dont know if it will hold my HAM radio. The HAM radio weighs 4.2 lbs. Anybody know if this will work or if i have to go the less desirable route and use the 2x4.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I am considering doing this, but i dont know if it will hold my HAM radio. The HAM radio weighs 4.2 lbs. Anybody know if this will work or if i have to go the less desirable route and use the 2x4.
I did something similar but used and full size radio under dash mount box..

I think it would hold 4lbs easy...

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I ran a Galaxy 99 on mine for a while, but have now switched to a lower weight more rugged cb. I had to go the 2x4 method with 3m tape. The tape let loose with the galaxy and I didn't want to drop the head liner. If I were to do it again. Instead of the 3m I would pop a few neodymium magnets out of a hard drive to keep it stuck to the roof.

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,939 Posts
^^^Very cool!

Now you just need a full size radio for it (if it would still hold it up?)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Where did y'all get the metal for the bracket?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sadly I don't think this will work :(
I just picked up a new scanner and was hoping it would be light enough to mount like this. but weighing in at 6lbs. Im pretty sure it's too heavy. Anyone who has done this method think it will work?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts