Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All used parts were pulled from a 2007 FJC (at various stages of its life).

Comparison prices for parts are based on current discounted prices at toyotapartsales.com (Toyota of Dallas), which, together with CDan (American Toyota in NM), I enthusiastically recommend for sourcing genuine Toyota parts at a discount. MSRP is significantly higher. Similarly, for the most part, for prices fetched at your local dealership.

I prefer local pickup (or delivery, as the case might be :)), but have indicated items that I would ship (due to size and/or weight). This isn't a business, and alas I can't satisfy requests for shipping quotes. What I can do is pack and provide an approximate weight. You can then get an estimate from PostNet branch 128 which I'll use for any shipping.

New BudBuilt regular gas tank skid $100 (local pickup only)

Primed and painted black. Never installed.

Sells new for $239 (if purchased separately).

SOLD Stock rear lower control arm $25 (plus shipping)

Used. Includes factory bushings (also used). Carried as a trail spare. This is a great way to make fast friends with folk who haven't upgraded to beefier (and more suitable) LCAs when they "taco" one a trail.

These run (with bushings) about $140 new.

PENDING Factory running boards $50 (local pickup only)

Pontoon-style running boards. Great for keeping the rig afloat while fording deep water ;)

Factory spare tire cover: Free (local pickup only)

Makes a great gift. ;)

Front stabilizer bar $45 (local pickup only)

Used. Includes all collars, bushings and brackets.

The full unit (bar, bushes and brackets) runs about about $150 new.

Front stabilizer links $40 (plus shipping)

Used. In good shape.

New links run about $65 each.

Front stabilizer bar with links $75 (local pickup only)

The last two items together for one low, low price. EZ payments available!

Front upper control arms (pair) $55 (plus shipping)

Used. Includes bushings (used). One arm (R) with ball joint intact; one (L) with a torn ball joint boot.

With bushings and ball joint, these run over $325 each.

-- Paul

·
Registered
185 Posts
PM just sent about the lower link. Just bent mine on my 2008 last week. Thanks!

·
Registered
185 Posts
LCA sold (thanks, Nick!).

Original post updated....

-- pm
Thank you, Paul!! Working this with you was almost as easy as bending the LCA I'm replacing with the one you just sent me! :rofl:

I just checked the tracking number and it looks like it'll be here Thursday. Just been reviewing how to remove/install, and optimistic that your LCA will be on MY truck by Friday morning. :clap: I guess I'll just keep the bent one as a spare in case I completlely bust one :jester:......Being there's snow on the ground out here now, my tenative plan is to upgrade next summer. Just hoping I can find a forum member or two in a jam like I was to sell my stock one's to cheap!! :lol: You saved my bum, so you can bet I'll do the same for at least 1-2 other folks when I upgrade! :cheers: The quality of folks on this forum NEVER ceases to amaze me, and again, thanks. :bigthumb:

If you're ever in the CO area for offroading, skiing, snowboarding, bouldering, etc., give a shout! I'll do the same if I end up in PACNORWEST!

-Nick

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, Nick; it really is a good bunch of folk around here!

I hope the install goes well. If you plan to wheel much around rocks, upgrading to beefy LCAs will be a good future investment.

Please do let me know if you make it out this way. I'll do the same if I head into your neighborhood.

:cheers:

-- Paul

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
can i pick up the spare tire cover...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts