Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got home from a trip with some bumpy roads a couple of weeks ago and found I had shed a body part. (see attached photo).

I had the windshield replaced about a month before so I am suspicious it had something to do with it.

I'm afraid to ask Toyota how much a replacement piece will cost, any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
464 Posts
The windshield installers broke the clips that hold that piece on. There are 4 total. The part itself was priced in the $50-$80 dollar range, but I don't think it's available pre-painted (just primer). I would be wary of the other side doing the same thing. The clips are likely broken and only the fact that the radio antennae goes through it is probably why you still have it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you that is very helpful information. I guess I'm just lucky it didn't happen with the previous 2 windshield replacements.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Giving birth is bringing new life (new idea or feeling). The "baby" wasn't complete (some aspect of the idea was missing). Many times a baby represents ourselves. Maybe you are starting something new but feel that something is missing.
:spam:

I had the same thing happen to me. I've been considering instead of replacing it, concealing it with a "plate/box" and mounting a light there. Not too worried about it at this time. Mine has been gone since Christmas.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I had the same thing happen and just now got it put back on last week. I got the part from Lafontaine Toyota. I believe he is a forum vendor and he shipped it to me. Had it painted locally for aroud $50. I believe the part was somehwere in that price range also, but dont remember.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts