Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got into town Friday afternoon/evening, got settled and made contact with everyone for a run on Sat morning. We met up at the City Market and a few of the West Coast TTT guys happened along to join us.

We decided to make a run up the Moab Rim Trail, something I hadn't done before. Knowing my wife's genuine fear of edges, I niew that this was going to be a challenging day no matter what.

The trail is spectacular and challenging. We had a great day to spend in Moab in the trails. I was treated to a new experience that I hadn't had before, having to use my winch on myself and getting strapped. For some reason, my SS TrXus just weren't hooking up on the slickrock. I think that I was running too much air (18 lbs) and dropped them down to 15 lbs which seemed to help. Its all about karma for me since I worked so hard the night before convincing my wife what a great driver I am and how well our rig was set up that we would have no trouble on the trail. Bragging how well we did on the Rubicon, escaping without damage or being winched/strapped put the bad "mojo" on us for today. So, of course, I had to use my winch on "Z-turn", there goes my "winched" virginity.

Anyway, on to the pics. As always, check out my Photobucket site (Moab Rim Trail 08 album) for more but here are some of the highlights...

The gathering of FJC's begins...

Mr. Cactus on the antenna...

Hey, how did that TTT Taco get here...

The trail starts right away with some fun, Bernd starting off...

Followed by w5wi...

TTT truck sneaking up the crack...

Another "surprise" guest in his FJ-80...

Cranking a bit of a "wheelie" by Victor up the climb...

A little view of the scenery too...

TTT getting up the first part of the Z turn..

Another bit of wheelie by Bernd in the 2nd part of Z turn...

The beginning of my attempt on Z turn...

Got the right line...

Just not hooking up, throwing dirt off the front, spinning in the rear...

Oh, the humility of the winch...

Then, Victor makes me look like a tool, walking right up with his BFG KM2's...

·
Registered
468 Posts
Great stuff....

Don't worry about the Wench of Shame job..its all good!! I just wish I had a real front bumper, much less a winch to sit in it!! :)

·
Registered
835 Posts
Great Photos!

The rim trail can be humbling to even the best drivers on the right day.

I have a brother in law who worked on the chairlift that used to run to the top of that trail. His drive to work every day was UP THE RIM TRAIL!

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Jerry,

We really enjoyed wheelin' with you!!! More adventures tomorrow!!!

Great photos!!!

cheers,

dale

·
Registered
739 Posts
Jerry great begining narative and photos!

Wished I could have joined you guys, I had to work late on Friday.

Picked up a Spot receiver like Ron's.

How are you coming to Ouray? There is a back road from Moab that takes you through Telluride. If you want to wow the wife that is the way I would go.

I am headed to Telluride due to arrive Monday afternoon if you want to do a trail together into Ouray, let me know.

chris

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jerry great begining narative and photos!

Wished I could have joined you guys, I had to work late on Friday.

Picked up a Spot receiver like Ron's.

How are you coming to Ouray? There is a back road from Moab that takes you through Telluride. If you want to wow the wife that is the way I would go.

I am headed to Telluride due to arrive Monday afternoon if you want to do a trail together into Ouray, let me know.

chris
Thats a good idea. We spent some time in Telluride last year but I'm afraid she will try to equal my pre-Rubithon spending spree. There are way too many high-end shops where she could do some MAJOR damage.

We aren't due to arrive in Ouray until Tues afternoon. But, we can do something on Wed before I have to start my chili for the cook-off...

·
Registered
739 Posts
Cool sounds like Fun!

Maybe we can talk Ron, Garret, connor and Colin into sneaking off for a morning run, before they have to start the meet and greet duties...

I just had a vision of the the 70's show Fantasy island...Smiles everyone Smiles....welcome to Fantasy Island

·
Registered
111 Posts
Great photos everyone :rocker: I wish I was there. Be sure to post some more pics from today.

Jerry, I really like the look of those wheels on your FJC.

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great photos everyone :rocker: I wish I was there. Be sure to post some more pics from today.

Jerry, I really like the look of those wheels on your FJC.
Thanks and we will post the pics from today soon.

My wheels are some 16" Enkei's, painted black. They are getting pretty torn up but still functioning just fine. I'll have to get some more of the Duplicolor wheel paint and touch them up before I get to the FJSummit...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks for the good times.

Happy trails,

Chris

·
Premium Member
1,985 Posts
Nice photo's, did the "rim" during Cruise Moab, probably one of my favorites. Wish I could be there, maybe next year.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts