Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 60 of 412 Posts

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Me and Chris the Ogre have been talking about adding this to our Ouray trip.. I cant say what dates for sure yet, but definitely working on it!

i would also be interested in going from MOAB to Ouray via trail for sure! No reason why that gas and time can't get me closer to where I'm headed!
Right now I have the time off to be there Saturday through Tuesday. Had up to Ouray with everyone else

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
What was the weather like last year? And if anyone camped was it comfortable at night or too hot for comfort?
The weather has been decent the last two years. Leading up to it we would see forecasts for over 100 every day but then we would only see 80s and low 90s as we gained some elevation on the trails. The sun will definitely hit you hard, burn quick and suck the moisture out of your body. We did have rain roll in late afternoon as we returned from Elephant Hill and that really cooled it off quick.

These are all reasons why we don't mess with any real hard core trails. Nobody wants to be fixing their junk or rolling over such a long ways from home.

As for camping, others have done it. I don't know how comfortable they were overall but I do know from experience that as soon as the sun comes up tents turn into little greenhouses. I get a little cabin for $45/night at a campground. The cabin has heat/AC, cable TV, beds, table and I use the camp showers. Also gives me a place to lock stuff up whereas a tent is not secure.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Please put us down for Sunday and Monday. We are bringing two FJs. Looking forward to it!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm in for Monday and Tuesday. I'll be arriving sometime Sunday afternoon or evening. It's a long drive from Wisconsin. Heading to Ouray on Wednesday.

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
any word on if the last trail will be heading to ouray?
One way or another I think we can arrange something. It kinda of depends on how many want to do a Moab trail vs go ahead and head over to Ouray. Sarge even knows one route over to Ouray although the route I took was more dirt and less gravel so in the case of rain it would be *ahem* fun.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Please add me to the list James. I've got the house booked again from Friday through Tuesday. I'd like to join trail rides Sat, Sun & Mon.

Thanks again for organizing this! I'm really looking forward to it!

·
Registered
608 Posts
We plan to arrive in Moab Saturday evening and are looking forward to MOAB trails on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. I would like the Tuesday trail ride to end in Ouray.

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Please add me to the list James. I've got the house booked again from Friday through Tuesday. I'd like to join trail rides Sat, Sun & Mon.

Thanks again for organizing this! I'm really looking forward to it!
Gotcha covered. :bigthumb:

We plan to arrive in Moab Saturday evening and are looking forward to MOAB trails on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. I would like the Tuesday trail ride to end in Ouray.
Sounds like we are leaning towards that arrangement for Tuesday. If there are enough we could even do two groups on two routes.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm in, was planning to hit Moab afterward, but I can re-arrange my schedule.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I'm in, was planning to hit Moab afterward, but I can re-arrange my schedule.
If your going to do White Rim Trail with Primer and myself you will need to re-arrange your schedule! :lol:

Also last year a few of us went through the La Sals on our way to Ouray. A very nice and scenic drive.

·
Registered
114 Posts
We are going to be in Moab Sunday and plan to be in Ouray Tuesday night. This will be our first time to Moab. Can we join in for Monday trail ride?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
We are going to be in Moab Sunday and plan to be in Ouray Tuesday night. This will be our first time to Moab. Can we join in for Monday trail ride?
Sure. I'll add you for Monday. :bigthumb:

I just realized i dont even have a room tuesday night in ouray, haha. never expected to be there THAT early. doh! I guess another day in moab works too. im up for anything really.
Plenty to do around Moab if you stay until Wednesday.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Ouray is only 150 miles (3.5hrs) from Moab, plenty to see and do in Moab without rushing to get to Ouray.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
you guys plan on camping or staying in hotels in moab or what? i've never been to moab and would love to go, since were all headed to ouray anyway....:)

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
some people camp others stay at motels.

ive stayed at the Ramada and the cheaper of the Best Westerns. Both were fine.

Just read online reviews and you cant go wrong.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
you guys plan on camping or staying in hotels in moab or what? i've never been to moab and would love to go, since were all headed to ouray anyway....:)
Bowen Motel is clean and cheap, you can also get in touch with Tanya (tlcntx) she is renting a house and may still have a room available. I'm camping in her driveway! :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express just on the edge of town last year. It's a very clean Hotel and it has the best breakfast facility I have ever seen in a HIX and I have stayed in over 50 in the last 10 years. Not sure of the price since I used my points. I booked a room there for this year. Hope to meet y'all in Moab before the Summit! :cheers:

41 - 60 of 412 Posts