Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

181 - 200 of 371 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Just an FYI, I will NOT be in Moab before the Summit.

I have a series of crazy deadlines to meet (Indiana to Denver tomorrow and then install next week, back to Indiana to work for a week then back to Denver to install week before the Summit). I just can't see making a third round trip, in as many weeks, all the way back to Indiana to get my new-but-still-stock 4Runner soooooo I'll be leaving my cargo trailer in Denver and will drive my 22ft long F350 diesel to the Summit. YES, you heard that correctly.

Have a great time and be careful out there.

That should make for one interesting trip over Black Bear. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Just a heads up for anyone arriving early. I'll be there by Thursday the 11th in the afternoon. If anyone shows up early Friday and wants to run some trails just let me know.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Since there doesn't appear to be any place the group is gathering at for camping, I have made reservations at Pack Creek Campground. Arriving Friday the 12th mid-afternoon. Looking forward to catching up with you guys Friday for dinner and/or evening social hour. :cheers:

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,110 Posts
Just a heads up for anyone arriving early. I'll be there by Thursday the 11th in the afternoon. If anyone shows up early Friday and wants to run some trails just let me know.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Glad you’re coming! Yes there will be more than a few of us running trails on Friday...see you at City Market to discuss :smile

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,110 Posts
Since there doesn't appear to be any place the group is gathering at for camping, I have made reservations at Pack Creek Campground. Arriving Friday the 12th mid-afternoon. Looking forward to catching up with you guys Friday for dinner and/or evening social hour. :cheers:
I was thinking we could do a gathering at the the Fiesta Mexicana restaurant Friday evening, on the corner of Main and 200th street. Just putting it out there...it’s pretty good food and a central location. Gonna make a guess on 7pm...to be confirmed/updated! :wink

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
As long as it isn't Pasta Jays, I am fine with it. :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
The Mrs and I are hitting 8 national parks on our way to Moab this year. TBH, we want to do more time in Moab but scheduling is going to be funky. Hoping, if everything goes to plan to be there Tuesday/Wednesday but might sadly have to punt on Moab this year if we end up doing some longer hikes at a national park or two. If the snow stays as-is, we might have a mid-summit Moab trip and bounce out of Ouray, lol! Best of luck everyone, stay safe and have fun.

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,110 Posts
The Mrs and I are hitting 8 national parks on our way to Moab this year. TBH, we want to do more time in Moab but scheduling is going to be funky. Hoping, if everything goes to plan to be there Tuesday/Wednesday but might sadly have to punt on Moab this year if we end up doing some longer hikes at a national park or two. If the snow stays as-is, we might have a mid-summit Moab trip and bounce out of Ouray, lol! Best of luck everyone, stay safe and have fun.
Hey It’ll be great to see you both! I have some amazing pics for you from last year...and, we need to make diamonds again :grin

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hey It’ll be great to see you both! I have some amazing pics for you from last year...and, we need to make diamonds again :grin
https://www.alwaysunpacking.com/Travel/FJ-Summit-2018/

PW: FJ4Ever

Think there is a video of your rig from behind, I think you mentioned you wanted to see it in action! All the videos might start out looking fuzzy but they are all HD, it just takes a minute for the resolution to catch up. If you download them you should be G2G.

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,110 Posts
https://www.alwaysunpacking.com/Travel/FJ-Summit-2018/

PW: FJ4Ever

Think there is a video of your rig from behind, I think you mentioned you wanted to see it in action! All the videos might start out looking fuzzy but they are all HD, it just takes a minute for the resolution to catch up. If you download them you should be G2G.
Oh dang it wants a password....I wanna see I wanna see!!!! Never mind just saw you PW :)

Saw your wonderful pics and vids, can’t stop grinning!! Than you for posting these and I’ll def be downloading some for keeps :)

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
Have you all lost your excitement about this great event? No posts in a couple days. I'm trying to live vicariously through this thread. I've attended this event the last 6 years in a row, and am missing this year. Let's hear it!

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,110 Posts
Have you all lost your excitement about this great event? No posts in a couple days. I'm trying to live vicariously through this thread. I've attended this event the last 6 years in a row, and am missing this year. Let's hear it!
:simmadown: Calm before the storm....:grin Packing.....day after tomorrow I hit the road :blueblob:

·
Forum Beer Miester
3,940 Posts
Lol, like Deb said the calm before the storm.

I’ve just finished replacing most of my front suspension and axles so I’ve been a busy little bee. Got the awning back on yesterday amidst prepping my farm before departure as well as finishing major projects at work so I’ve been slacking in my posts. Was hoping my new bumper would arrive before the trip but it doesn’t appear that will be the case, don’t think I would have time to install it anyway. I’ve got to repair a broken rock light, install new extended swaybar links, and pack before Friday so it’ll be a busy week with 1500 work miles mixed in.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Well I was out of town over the weekend, sorry I didn't post! :D

I have been doing lots of little things to get ready - replaced the serpentine belt, got my winch working properly (not that I'll need it, but some dumb ass wired it wrong :rolleyes: ), wired my bumper lights, relocated my windshield washer reservoir (did the $10 coolant overflow tank mod), replaced a couple of burned out bulbs... almost ready.

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,110 Posts

I have been doing lots of little things to get ready - replaced the serpentine belt, got my winch working properly (not that I'll need it, but some dumb ass wired it wrong :rolleyes: ), wired my bumper lights, relocated my windshield washer reservoir (did the $10 coolant overflow tank mod), replaced a couple of burned out bulbs... almost ready.
What’s the coolant overflow tank? Pics please!

·
Premium Member
883 Posts

All my tools, and winch are used for helping others out of a jam. Rarely do I use them for me. But we did use my winch a couple weeks ago to move a tree from the trail on the Oregon Backroad Discovery Route.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
All my tools, and winch are used for helping others out of a jam. Rarely do I use them for me.
Heh, yeah that's usually the way it goes...

·
Registered
903 Posts
Two years ago I had spine fusion surgery on my lower back. My back has been good since then until last week, when my ARB awning was delivered and I picked it up off the porch and carried it into the garage. I had no idea it would be so heavy and I've had a lot of back pain ever since. I spent all last week leaving work early to come home and take pain pills and muscle relaxers. I have a lot of work to do on my FJ and haven't been able to do any of it. I need to change the front brake pads but I'm worried that moving around the front tires will hurt my back more. I need to install the awning. I ripped out my camper mod from the FJ but now I need to install the rear seats and put my drawer system back in the back. I wanted to change the tranny fluid and hook up my transmission cooler that I installed previously but never connected the hoses to.

I can still go to Moab without any of that stuff done, except maybe the brakes, but I can't go if my back isn't better so my priority is fixing my back before the FJ.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Two years ago I had spine fusion surgery on my lower back. My back has been good since then until last week, when my ARB awning was delivered and I picked it up off the porch and carried it into the garage. I had no idea it would be so heavy and I've had a lot of back pain ever since. I spent all last week leaving work early to come home and take pain pills and muscle relaxers. I have a lot of work to do on my FJ and haven't been able to do any of it. I need to change the front brake pads but I'm worried that moving around the front tires will hurt my back more. I need to install the awning. I ripped out my camper mod from the FJ but now I need to install the rear seats and put my drawer system back in the back. I wanted to change the tranny fluid and hook up my transmission cooler that I installed previously but never connected the hoses to.

I can still go to Moab without any of that stuff done, except maybe the brakes, but I can't go if my back isn't better so my priority is fixing my back before the FJ.
Get better, brother. :(

181 - 200 of 371 Posts