Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

341 - 360 of 371 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Made it through the mountains early this morning, left Denver at 4:45 am. Having breakfast in Eagle. No issues other than the dumbass who tried to pass me on the right ( I was only doing 5 over the speed limit up the front range pass after all) and was surprised to see the semi doing 20 ahead of him (mostly his assumption that I was being a dick that pissed me off). I was able to hold 60 mph up the hills in third gear towing the camper which I am fine with.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I left work early yesterday and hit the road, but after 45 minutes I had to turn around and come back.

I had my second spine fusion surgery in April of this year to fuse two vertebrae in my neck because they were pinching nerves and causing a lot of arm and shoulder pain, hand and arm numbness, loss of hand strength, etc. The surgery seemed successful and I felt great until last weekend. Last weekend I think I tweaked something in my neck because I noticed last Saturday that my pinky finger was numb. This week it's gotten worse each day and yesterday afternoon when I was driving if I had my hands on the steering wheel my arms and shoulders were very painful, to the point that I couldn't keep them on the wheel. If I had an arm on one of the arm rests it went numb. There's no way I could have drove 6 hours like that.

I kept the FJ loaded last night hoping that when I woke up this morning I'd be good and could drive to Moab but my fingers and forearms are numb as I type this. I'll spend today trying to get in touch with my surgeon. I was emailing his office all this week and his staff kept telling me they were forwarding my emails to him but he hasn't replied yet.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Made it through the mountains early this morning, left Denver at 4:45 am. Having breakfast in Eagle. No issues other than the dumbass who tried to pass me on the right ( I was only doing 5 over the speed limit up the front range pass after all) and was surprised to see the semi doing 20 ahead of him (mostly his assumption that I was being a dick that pissed me off). I was able to hold 60 mph up the hills in third gear towing the camper which I am fine with.
This is standard procedure on i-70 up Mt Vernon Canyon over Floyd Hill and up to Eisenhower tunnel. Everybody who has any courtesy gets in left hand lane in anticipation of slow moving trucks in right hand lanes. Ignorant and rude drivers see open lane in right hand side and drive right up to slow moving truck and cut left in front of the faster moving traffic.

Sometimes during ski season the right hand lane actually moves faster since so many people do it and slow down left hand lane. Can take 10 miles to get past a slow moving truck just because of this where people keep filling right hand lane and jumping left at slow moving truck. Extremely frustrating.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Ok ok. It wasn't that hard to convince me to ditch work and head down there today. If I hurry up, I should get there in time to meet up for dinner.

I think I still have @debFJVT's number, so I'll shoot a text when I get down there.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I am here - just set up camp at Pack Creek. Under a shade tree - nice! Gonna grab a shower and get lunch. See you guys tonight at Fiesta Mexicana.

·
Premium Member
1,994 Posts
Glad you made is shrdgnr . We just did hells today to mess around. See you guys this eve . You can text me also as Deb has had spotty service. 541 625-3825

·
Registered
345 Posts
Glad you made is shrdgnr . We just did hells today to mess around. See you guys this eve . You can text me also as Deb has had spotty service. 541 625-3825
Nice! Thanks Jeff... Took a bit longer than expected to get my $#!+ together, so I probably won't make it in time for dinner tonight; I'm just heading out of SLC now, should be down there in about 4 hours if traffic isn't too bad. Might hit you two up when I get to Green River.

·
Premium Member
1,994 Posts
Sounds good drive safe and we will
See you when you get here

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
I spotted an orange FJ with a loaded roof rack that was travelling with a blue 4Runner in Farmington today. They might have been heading to Moab. One of your posse?

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,101 Posts
Ok. I am now installed in hotel and have internet again, so catching up on civilization :wink What a crazy amazing Moab week it’s been so far, too many stories to go into right now but bottom line is, ready for more fun :grin See you all at Mex dinner tonight and/or City Market at 8 tomorrow. Get your groceries & gas up before then so we can hit the trails ASAP as it’s going to be a HOT day. Enjoyed meeting some of you today, and looking forward to seeing lots more forum faces/FJs in the coming days!! - Deb

·
Forum Beer Miester
3,930 Posts
Anyone have a good suggestion for a front end shop in town? Something is loose making my steering wheel shift positions and popping badly so yea it’s tome to take it in.

341 - 360 of 371 Posts