·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Where's the pics?

·
Premium Member
8,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My pics will have to wait as I am buried today. I may get some up this evening. Hopefully others will provide some "evidence".

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Can't wait, looking forward to them!

·
Premium Member
8,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's a start.

Bringing the group back up to the back of SOB Hill on Elephant Hill trail, Needles District of Canyonlands National Park.

·
Premium Member
8,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Took a ride up to Top of the World with Shannon on Saturday. He was the only one to show on that day as most were in route from home. His rig is 6" lifted and supercharged and he kept up with me pretty well.

Looking back at the Top of the World scenery, it is amazing the way this huge chunk was heaved up to create the trail and overlook we covet so much.

Nose in. Just another poser pic. Just drove up and parked without trying to win a "who's closest to the edge" contest. The clouds were heavy on this day and we did see some lightning so we were on alert.

Another view of the Top of the World desert scenery.

Made a pit stop along a rocky shoreline of the Colorado.

The road to Tusher Tunnel (north of Moab off of 191) was easy and unexciting but ended with some interesting landscapes.

The Tusher Tunnel area.

Backside of the Tusher Tunnel as we stepped out for the view. Watch out for rattlers seaking a cool break from the hot sun if you visit.

The pancake sandstone as viewed from the back side of the Tusher Tunnel. More exploring is in order.

More to come . . .

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Nice shots James. Keep them coming. Just got home last night but I know I have some to contribute once I get a chance to go through them.

·
Premium Member
8,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks ! I have around 600 pics from the entire trip so it takes some time to sort out my favorites, resize, Facebook, photobucket and forum link. Just stretches out the good times . . .

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
I'm still working on putting together my album in PhotoBucket, which I will share as soon as I finish it :). Our 4 teenage boys keep complaining that my photo uploading is causing them to die in their video games due to the lag created by competition for bandwidth! Bite me - I pay for the darn internet! LOL

Now I need to figure out which thread Summit pics & videos go in!

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
James, I had a great time Saturday with you. Thanks for the run to Top of the World and Tusher Tunnel. Amazing place! And great pics too!

Tanya, those are some great videos! But where am I at? Lol! I actually have a video of me doing the car wash. I just need to get back home and sort through everything and find it. Hopefully, I can get it and more, posted shortly.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Here are some of mine. I still need to load the gopro footage.

Enjoy!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
...Tanya, those are some great videos! But where am I at? Lol!
Haha! Those are all the ones I took at that spot...I think I had to stop filming to move my truck out of the way or something.

But, I do have a video of you & Brandon taking the "bypass" around the bridge :). Right as I passed over the bridge I thought to myself that it would've been fun to go through the creek instead...just then I saw that's what you two were going to do so I got my phone in record mode just in time. :) Here's the link:

http://youtu.be/PhBRw4pnXYA

·
Premium Member
8,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I wish I had some pics to contribute. :(
I wish you did too . . . but I also know you get your share just living so close to all that good stuff. :wave:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts