Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
James, I had a great time Saturday with you. Thanks for the run to Top of the World and Tusher Tunnel. Amazing place! And great pics too!
Thanks and, yes, it was a nice day. Too bad more didn't show for that Saturday run. I have more neat little places up my sleeve such as Tusher Tunnel for next time.

Until then, here are some more pictures:

Heading up Long Canyon to make a loop with Shafer Trail. Also, included stops at Dead Horse Point State Park and Island in the Sky's Grand View Point just to make it a fulfilling day and help everyone check stuff off of their lists.

The well known rock on Long Canyon

Stopped for a look back down Long Canyon towards the LaSal Mountains

Part of the view (you can only get so much even with panoramic before the pic gets too wide) at Dead Horse Point State Park

Part of the view from the Grand View Point in Island in the Sky/Canyonlands. The White Rim which the White Rim Road's visual feature is clearly visible.

·
Premium Member
8,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
My Ansel Adams'ish shot of the Shafer Trail as it leads towards the White Rim

Our Saturday group (there are a few more standing back with me taking pictures) posing on a rock outcropping before descending the Shafer Trail's impressive switchbacks.

From another angle.

The Shafer Trail switchbacks

Stopped along the Shafer Trail to check out a wash and dry falls.

The wash

The dry falls

Some of the beautiful chocolate sandstone on the north side of the Shafer Trail

·
Premium Member
8,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Next up, after a stop at Milt's for a malt, was Hells Revenge.

The first good climb gets your attention

Typical Hells Revenge terrain.

Another good climb

Brandon did the optional Hells Gate feature.

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Haha! Those are all the ones I took at that spot...I think I had to stop filming to move my truck out of the way or something.

But, I do have a video of you & Brandon taking the "bypass" around the bridge :). Right as I passed over the bridge I thought to myself that it would've been fun to go through the creek instead...just then I saw that's what you two were going to do so I got my phone in record mode just in time. :) Here's the link:

http://youtu.be/PhBRw4pnXYA
Cool video Tanya! Brandon sent me the link right after you sent it to him. You should've said something....we could've let you back up and do it and filmed you! There's always next time though!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Cool video Tanya! Brandon sent me the link right after you sent it to him. You should've said something....we could've let you back up and do it and filmed you! There's always next time though!
Oh no...it's okay. I just mentioned it cuz I thought it was funny....the coincidence :). I'm definitely ready for next time though! :) You were all a great group to wheel with.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
8,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I still have a bunch to post !. . . more Hells as well as Elephant Hill and Top of the World. I don't ever upload them all to the net but if anyone wants my pics I can send a disc full of them for minimal postage. I have pics of everyone, more of some than others due to positioning on the trail. The offer is there. :bigthumb:

Until then, here is a nice video covering Hells Revenge. I think you will recognize many places on the trail including places where I was out spotting and very specific about which line to take.

. . . and, NO, even though it shows two women and mentions "uncovered" it is not a stripper vid. :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Some more from Hells Revenge.

Kristen begins a long climb on grippy sandstone.

Brandon closes in on the top of the same long climb

Brandon gets a little articulation going on a rough section of the trail.

Brandon challenges his FJ on a ledge along the trail.

The group passes the parking area at Hells Gate and heads up and around the loop at the Colorado River overlook

·
Premium Member
8,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
21 - 29 of 29 Posts