Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone going down to Moab for Jeep Safari? I just signed up for Poison Spider (Thur), Strike Ravine (Fri) and Tip Toe Behind The Rocks for Saturday w/ Porcupine Rim as my second choice.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Is anyone going down to Moab for Jeep Safari? I just signed up for Poison Spider (Thur), Strike Ravine (Fri) and Tip Toe Behind The Rocks for Saturday w/ Porcupine Rim as my second choice.
Are you meaning the Easter "JEEP" Safari???....or Cruise Moab (Toyota) a few weeks later???....I am going to the Cruise Moab event.....either way you signed up for some fun trails.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Are you meaning the Easter "JEEP" Safari???....or Cruise Moab (Toyota) a few weeks later???....I am going to the Cruise Moab event.....either way you signed up for some fun trails.
one of these times you need to come to Colorado..... we'll be seeing you at Cruise Moab too :rocker:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm going but haven't mailed my trail reservations yet. Thinking...Wipe Out Hill Friday and maybe Gold Bar Saturday. Thursday is reserved for the vendor show :clap:

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
I'm going to assume if you signed up for Behind The Rocks that you know what you're getting yourself into.

Jim

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
He's doing "Tip Toe Behind the Rocks"

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Summary: The 3 rated Tip Toe version of the Behind the Rocks trail offers most of the same scenery that the more extreme 4+ version does with much less potential of vehicle damage.

Location: The Tip Toe version of the trail leaves Highway 191 about 13 miles south of Moab just after climbing a long hill on the highway. The exit is on the right going to the west.

Scenery: The scenery includes the unique weathered sandstone fins and domes just behind the rock cliff that faces Moab. There are several opportunities to pier down into Kane Creek Canyon which bounds the area on the southwest.

The Trail: The Tip-Toe version of the trail allows participants to view the High Dive, Upchuck, and White Knuckle Hill obstacles of the more difficult 4+ version with much less risk of damaging their vehicles. There are a few minor drainage crossings with exposed rock ledges that will require some attention to climb with stock equipment.

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
I think I'll stick with the real deal (assuming I can find anybody to do it with me again since pretty much everybody I've taken on it sustained some degree of damage). I think I may have some takers lined up for a May trip that have no idea what they'll be getting into (I'll have to play dumb though when they ask me why I recommended it). :)

Jim

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
I think I'll stick with the real deal (assuming I can find anybody to do it with me again since pretty much everybody I've taken on it sustained some degree of damage). I think I may have some takers lined up for a May trip that have no idea what they'll be getting into (I'll have to play dumb though when they ask me why I recommended it). :)

Jim
we think way to much a like... been there done that with a few on our Colorado trails. Played dumb, but knowing that if they knew what trail we were taking them on they'd back out.. yet only to have them boast and pat them selves on the back on what they've just accomplished... yes I know this feeling ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts