Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I want the bottom line on the so-called "Moab Edition". I have seen rumors on this site about this FJ being available in late summer '06, and also that it won't be in production for a couple of years, and everything in between.

Anybody got the answer? I swear I won't tell...

Chaz

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I wish. You know if I knew anything this site would be the first to have the information!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Percy,

The way some talk around here, you'd think they know something we don't know! Probably just blowin' smoke, huh?

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Gimme a reference point, Chaz... what'cha mean?

There are some on the site that really do know more than we do. We have a couple of guys who work for and with Toyota directly. Then we have a couple of Magazine editors who float around and taunt us with tidbits of new info... so there really are some guys on here that have more knowledge than the rest of us.

Toyota even said, at SEMA, that they have been checking out the forums from time to time to get feedback on this or that.

Makes it even more torturous to wait for information, now, doesn't it? Knowing that somewhere in this forum is a guy with all of our answers and he CAN'T give them to us?

I lose sleep over it. Let's hope your obsession/lust for an FJ hasn't gotten that bad yet.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Who knows, maybe a supercharger, maybe just some bundled options with a color matched roof....

I plan on getting as much data as possible before my FJ comes in. If the SE comes with some things I really want and are not available on the standard FJ I will wait, if not I will pull the trigger at launch. Then again, if the price creeps too high I will buying something else.

I will look at all makes and models too, I am getting pretty worked up about price and if Toyota lets me down and prices this truck too high I will be VERY hesitant to buy a Toyota over another make. This may a little immature but how does my actions affect toyota if they get my 4-Runner money instead of my FJ money.

Then again, it is almost 1am and I am tired and sick so I wouldn't read too much into it.

·
Banned
118 Posts
chaz said:
OK, I want the bottom line on the so-called "Moab Edition". I have seen rumors on this site about this FJ being available in late summer '06, and also that it won't be in production for a couple of years, and everything in between.

Anybody got the answer? I swear I won't tell...

Chaz
any new info?

The first car/SUV I actually like enough to buy, and it comes with a WHITE ROOF!

For me its the all-black (MOAB?) or nothing.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
granger said:
wait until Sept/Oct. :D
On another thread someone said it was going to be called SE- special edition be red and have the Tundra V8 with some other stuff

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Roosterdo said:
On another thread someone said it was going to be called SE- special edition be red and have the Tundra V8 with some other stuff

I called some of the distributors again and they are sticking with the black on black, no v8, no removable top. Who knows.

·
Registered
647 Posts
granger said:
I called some of the distributors again and they are sticking with the black on black, no v8, no removable top. Who knows.
So, Granger, do you believe there deff WILL BE a SE, but when-where-what-how much are the unknowns?

Spikey

·
Registered
106 Posts
i read on a site that in the moab edition with black roof might have a diesel in 2007-2008 dont remember witch but, Qoute= if we here enough demands on a diesel we may start working one out=UnQoute

·
Registered
6 Posts
That Special Edition should be in price range for what they're pushing on the FJC that's coming out early spring. I'd buy the SE just cause it's "special" :D but yeah, after considering the upgrades for the AT 4x4 and how it reaches 30k makes me wonder if the SE would be within reach for the young buyers that they are focusing on...or just to make them much in debt...
The white top doesn't bother me though, but just thinking of having a removable top would make me definitely buy this with a respectable price range and proper upgrades becoming standard (which is unlikely).
But just waiting for the SE if it ever does come out makes me even more antsy to just get an FJC even more.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
i dont want a removable top. i just want a different tailgate and maybe some offroad extras like manly manner tires, a lift, lights, rack, all that crap for one price. id be willing to go 30-32 for the perfect package. of course it'll probably be way higher than that. anyone have any estimates or heard anything about possible "SE" pricing?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
caliFJ said:
i dont want a removable top. i just want a different tailgate and maybe some offroad extras like manly manner tires, a lift, lights, rack, all that crap for one price. id be willing to go 30-32 for the perfect package. of course it'll probably be way higher than that. anyone have any estimates or heard anything about possible "SE" pricing?
and a winch in the front bumber and another in the back seat

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
caliFJ said:
I did a very quick add and came up with $32,613 but this does not include likely add ons such as better shocks and such not forgetting the $3500 turbo I said out the door for $36,000

·
Registered
644 Posts
Ouch. For 36G's and my being so upside down on my Taco...I might have to opt out on the black/black FJ. Son of a Bitch I hope you're way wrong Roosterdee.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Spike Strip said:
So, Granger, do you believe there deff WILL BE a SE, but when-where-what-how much are the unknowns?

Spikey

I think so and the timeframe they gave me seems right as well. I would expect a black on black FJ come Fall.

There are so many rumors floating around out there, who really knows.

·
Banned
118 Posts
Tone said:
Ouch. For 36G's and my being so upside down on my Taco...I might have to opt out on the black/black FJ.
I may have to opt on out Toyota forever, and I wont be the only one, if their attitude is "lets take the most in-demand color, delay it half a year, then release it at a higher price."

:mad:

Black / White looks like a ridiculous oreo tuxedo penguin, who wants a "two tone" car in 2006?

Im starting to look at the H3, Xterra, Sorento, Touareg, LR3, XC90

1 - 20 of 44 Posts