Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
- Dates: October 10-14 , 2019

Come join us for the 2019 Moab Fall Classic! This is a Family friendly, unstructured weekend in Moab. If interested come on out! Camp out or get a hotel! Join in on a trail ride or do your own thing! (There might be T-shirts for those who come. I haven't decided yet)

- Camping location (Not mandatory) : Kane Creek campground
- Trails: Chicken Corners, Arches National Park and maybe Fins’n Things (again, you can do your own thing if you don't like the planned trails)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Do you have planned dates yet? You may know that October is one of the busiest months of the year in Moab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Do you have planned dates yet? You may know that October is one of the busiest months of the year in Moab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dates posted . it was a ghost town when I went this past Columbus day weekend. doesn't matter to me either way.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am new to the forum. Join to read what others are doing to there Fj's. I just started doing some offroad adventures with my 2014 Fj Cruiser. Want to do more of it. Where is Moab located and the dates?

·
Admin
6,582 Posts
This is a thread that has been started about a specific event... on a specific date.

Please respect the OP's direction on his thread.

Feel free to start a new thread if you want to create an event of your own.

:cheers:

EDIT: Thread is back on track. Thread crapping posts have been deleted.

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am new to the forum. Join to read what others are doing to there Fj's. I just started doing some offroad adventures with my 2014 Fj Cruiser. Want to do more of it. Where is Moab located and the dates?

dates posted above. Moab is in Southeastern Utah

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kane Creek Reservations are open!! This year I made reservations for the Full Service RV Site. 10 sites, I know of 2 that have already been reserved leaving 8 left.. Not mandatory to stay at the RV sites. they just happen to be the closest to the showers. Last year we camped at the Deluxe Tree Tent/RV Site. Just a short drive down the road. Hope to see you out there no matter which campsite you or other accommodations you make!
https://www.kanecreekmoab.com/book-a-room

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fins and Things... & Chicken Corners are on the list for trail runs this year! (again, you can do whatever you want to do! it's not a structured / scheduled weekend outing!)

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
horn replaced, passenger side front rock light ground wire repaired, Aux port with dual USB and voltage readout and additional 3 port Aux box installed, oil changed., spark plugs replaced. the list is getting smaller!! #MOABFallClassis2019 !!!

·
Registered
879 Posts
Subscribed to this thread. I don't know if I can make it, but I'd sure like to. Fins and Things is over my head, but Chicken Corners looks like a fun trail for my first trip, and I'd love to visit Arches!

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Subscribed to this thread. I don't know if I can make it, but I'd sure like to. Fins and Things is over my head, but Chicken Corners looks like a fun trail for my first trip, and I'd love to visit Arches!
Fins and Things is fairly easy , it's more pucker factor Fun! 3 of us did Hells Revenge last year and we all did fine and that had some more technical sections.

·
Registered
960 Posts
About a 10 hour drive for me

Is arches viewable then or is there snow on the ground?

Are there newbie friendly trails?

Recovery gear needed. Or can i bring a stock truck see arches do a bit of trail and head home?

·
Forum Beer Miester
3,490 Posts

Recovery gear needed. Or can i bring a stock truck see arches do a bit of trail and head home?
Your stock FJ can do almost anything out there bro, it’s mostly driver based and a willingness to take on the obstacles. With that said damage can happen on the tougher stuff but trails like Fins and Things is very easy for the FJ.

·
Registered
960 Posts

Your stock FJ can do almost anything out there bro, it’s mostly driver based and a willingness to take on the obstacles. With that said damage can happen on the tougher stuff but trails like Fins and Things is very easy for the FJ.
thank you

I have been on ih8mud forum for many years and most MOAB pics (beautiful), but seem quite challenging, thus my questions.

Additionally, we hVe been wanting to do Arches for a while, and havent gone out there. This would be a two birds one stone kind of a thjng

Is there snow on the ground in october?

·
Forum Beer Miester
3,490 Posts
thank you

I have been on ih8mud forum for many years and most MOAB pics (beautiful), but seem quite challenging, thus my questions.

Additionally, we hVe been wanting to do Arches for a while, and havent gone out there. This would be a two birds one stone kind of a thjng

Is there snow on the ground in october?
Arches can be crowded but it’s breathtaking as is almost everything around Moab. Check out the Devils Garden Campground, beautiful.

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Arches can be crowded but it’s breathtaking as is almost everything around Moab. Check out the Devils Garden Campground, beautiful.

I'll check out Devil's Garden for next year but I am planning on the Sand Flats right where Fins and Things starts at

1 - 20 of 44 Posts