Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I'll check out Devil's Garden for next year but I am planning on the Sand Flats right where Fins and Things starts at

The start of Fins n Things has been moved. It now starts on Sand Flats Road a few hundred feet to the west.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
The more I am away from the company the more serious they will take my retirement claim!!!!! Still not working.

Just do it!

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Don't work that way. My baby. Just can't walk away when I am needed. Most likely the Jarhead in me or something.

I am cutting back some. I have been to Phoenix, Durango, headed to Ouray then the Alumni and most likely the Fall Classic. The only problem is, nothing gets done when I am gone. lol

But actually off more now than I work I think.

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
- Weather permitting, meet locations and times will stay the same regardless of weather. But trails ride maybe cancelled due to unrideable/unsafe conditions. Again, these are my plans and no one is under any obligation to come, you are free to do as you please.

- Window Decals will be handed out at each meet location prior to trail rides and Outdoor movie night located in the RV area near the bathrooms.*Limited decals (25total), limited one(1) per vehicle. Please be respectful and only take One(1).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday 11 Oct, Chicken Corners Meeting location:
https://maps.app.goo.gl/v2xtBBNNrYt7Q8wr9

Time: 0800
Departure time: 0815 Sharp

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Saturday 12 Oct, Arches National Park Meeting location:
https://maps.app.goo.gl/BZ9vZfakUdZGucgz8

Time: 0900
Departing: 0930
*Notes: Entry Fee required at gate

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sunday 13 Oct, Fins'N Things meeting location;
https://maps.app.goo.gl/NYwKgDXwUD1PdRat5

Time: 0900
Departing: 0930
*Note: Entry Fee required at gate
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday and Saturday Outdoor Movie Night:
- Show time: 2100(9pm)
- Friday: The Great Outdoors, Caddy Shack
- Saturday: Jurassic Park, Maximum overdrive

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Sorry, had planned on this, but was informed about a month ago we would be in Missouri that weekend for a wedding. I had forgotten all about this event. Hope you have a great turnout, and the weather should be great.

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Sorry, had planned on this, but was informed about a month ago we would be in Missouri that weekend for a wedding. I had forgotten all about this event. Hope you have a great turnout, and the weather should be great.
more than likely I'll be doing another one next year!

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
I’m still planning on coming and strongly considering taking the Rim Rocker to get there. If anyone else would be interested in this extracurricular activity let me know.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Fins and Things is fairly easy , it's more pucker factor Fun! 3 of us did Hells Revenge last year and we all did fine and that had some more technical sections.
Hey, @NyNomad, are you encouraging newbies who might need a lot of coaching? We went to Moab a couple of months ago, but we were alone and pretty much stuck to the easy trails (Shaffer Butte, Gemini Twins, Onion Creek, Willow Springs, etc.). My FJ is a way more capable offroader than I am!

I really don't want to mess up the trip if its mostly experienced drivers who know what they're doing and would rather cover more trail.

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Hey, @NyNomad, are you encouraging newbies who might need a lot of coaching? We went to Moab a couple of months ago, but we were alone and pretty much stuck to the easy trails (Shaffer Butte, Gemini Twins, Onion Creek, Willow Springs, etc.). My FJ is a way more capable offroader than I am!

I really don't want to mess up the trip if its mostly experienced drivers who know what they're doing and would rather cover more trail.
CRF . the trails NY has proposed are very simple . You will not have any issues

come on out! nothing I have planned is hard. for those who want hard are more than welcome to do so. This is a come out, hang out unsanctioned gathering.

·
Registered
879 Posts
come on out! nothing I have planned is hard. for those who want hard are more than welcome to do so. This is a come out, hang out unsanctioned gathering.

@NyNomad and @Firemedic831, thanks for the encouragement! Assuming my wife can get the vacation time worked out we'll see you next Friday!

·
Registered
879 Posts
cool beans.. camping or hotel arrangements are up to you.
No problem there. My wife's college roommate lives in Moab. We always have a place to stay.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts