1,336 Posts

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #45

·
Registered
154 Posts
Awesome thread! The wife and I live in St George Utah. Never took my FJ to Moab, but I think you've changed that for me. I'll be on my way as soon as time/work permits. Especially since it's pretty much in my own backyard. Great pics, and great looking machines. Hopefully I can add some Moab adventures too at some point. Thx for sharing.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Thanks a lot CTNinja ,

It's a great place to explore and put the rig to the test. I was in St George last week. My Dad lives there. My Uncle took me down to some pickle ball courts in Bloomington. Man those folks are fanatics when it comes to that game. A 90 year old dude was slapping the crap out of that ball.

I'd love to wheel with you some day. An overland trip to the Grand Canyon from St. George might be fun.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
I'm very slowly modding my FJ -- your build thread and this one are inspiring! I appreciate your thorough explanations, and it reminds me I need to just keep it simple and functional first and foremost, and of course have fun. Thanks!

Dan
FJPDX

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I'm very slowly modding my FJ -- your build thread and this one are inspiring! I appreciate your thorough explanations, and it reminds me I need to just keep it simple and functional first and foremost, and of course have fun. Thanks!
Dan
FJPDX
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I'm glad you are having fun with you FJ. Thanks for the props. I'll look for your mods and see what you've done.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
Junky, thinking about getting a Nissan Armada.
Will you lead me on Pritchett Canyon and how is your winch?
I'm your man, let me get a few go pros first. Good grief. I hear those things can go anywhere!!! Ya, that was quality entertainment, FOR FREE!!!

WHEN are you coming down this way???? I'm going to Moab some time this week. You working every day???

·
Premium Member
4,080 Posts
I'm you man, let me get a few go pros first. Good grief. I hear those things can go anywhere!!!

WHEN are you coming down this way???? I'm going to Moab some time this week. You working every day???
I can't stop laughing, and not making fun, just great entertainment.

I was working in Rifle two weeks ago. Had to stay longer than expected and wished I had my Jeep with me so I could come on West.
Work is very busy for the next 3 weeks, then I hope we can run some trails.

Thanks and sorry for jacking your thread.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I can't stop laughing, and not making fun, just great entertainment.

I was working in Rifle two weeks ago. Had to stay longer than expected and wished I had my Jeep with me so I could come on West.
Work is very busy for the next 3 weeks, then I hope we can run some trails.

Thanks and sorry for jacking your thread.
Ha Ha, no hyjack here. You mentioned Pritchett and Jeeping out West.
It's all good my friend. Just let me know when you head out this way, sorry I haven't been to Wyoming in over a decade.:rocker:

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #55 (Edited)
We had some Family come into town so we decided to show them our back yard. My Wife and her Sister sat in the back while the guys were up front. Since it was hot we had the A/C on, no one complained about the rear windows not rolling down and both were pleased with the amount of leg room. I was happy to hear this since we have not had 4 older adults in the FJ before.

We entered the Colorado National Monument just 4 miles from our home. This was our first stop, about ten miles from home.
IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

A shot looking back into the valley. The mighty Colorado River is very swollen. All the little ponds along it are very full.
IMG_0055.jpg

A cool tree. I don't know why these appeal to me so much???
IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

Another cool tree with my Brother in Law peeking through. He's pretty cool too. He drives a Taco and couldn't stop talking about the FJ.
IMG_0065.jpg

Another 15 miles up the road we ran into aspens and pines.
IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

We drove back down the dangerous canyon road (no guard rails, 500 ft. cliffs) in the dark. The extra lights on the FJ made this trek very enjoyable and safe. I love having my D2's wired into my brights. The Diode Dynamics light bar fills in all the gaps.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Brother in law taken a leak and you put it on a world wide website.>:D
LOL!! Seems like we spend most of our lives on some sort of cameras these days. They are everywhere. How YOU doing???

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Good here MJ

Went wheeling in the Big Horns last Friday

Found a nice herd of cows with babies
Nice. What awesome animals. Great picture. Thanks for sharing.

41 - 60 of 114 Posts