Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Let me know when a house near you comes up for sale, Ive got to move out there.
Come on in Brother....the water is fine!!

I'll start looking. Let me guess, 4 bedroom, 3 bath, huge garage????

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
We'er simple people, two bed rooms and two baths will get us by. Now all I need is a way to make a living out that way.

That's the tricky part. Much of this town is oil and gas related, which I am in. The lay offs have been unprecedented. Pretty scary.

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
Hang in there. I heard on the News that Russia and Opec are in talks to slow production, not that I'm over joyed at higher gas prices but I know the low prices are hurting at lot of good people out west. Strange how that works.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #105 (Edited)
We just returned from the Moab Jeep Safari 2016. This was the 50 year anniversary and it did not disappoint. We camped out in the desert, it was crowded but we still found a great spot.

Although I couldn't find a level place to park the FJ.

IMG_0847.jpg

We love to run trails and see new places almost as much as we enjoy camping.

IMG_0920.jpg

We were showing my Wife's Brother the area. He was following in his 4runner. This family jumped out of their Jeep and asked if we would take their picture.

IMG_0856.jpg

After doing so, I caught the guy admiring the FJ. Perhaps he was just peeing on it....now I'm not sure????

IMG_0857.jpg

The Jeepers took one of us. I honestly don't know what is keeping that rock in place.

IMG_0860.jpg

We made it over to Potato Salad Hill. It was a lot of fun watching all the different rigs climb. Toyota was well represented. That maroon Tacoma in the back ground with the rocks painted (it's a wrap) on the rockers did really well. It's sitting on 37's as is this 1985 pick up.

IMG_0918.jpg

IMG_0915.jpg

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #106 (Edited)
The sky was breathtaking and the snow capped mountains were easy on the eyes as well.

IMG_0907.jpg

IMG_0894.jpg

IMG_0893.jpg

IMG_0891.jpg

The new tires performed flawlessly on the slick rock as well as the sand. This was inside Arches National Park. Many aren't aware that there are some decent trails to run inside the park. No quads, dirt bikes or UTV's allowed.

IMG_0931.jpg

14 pounds of air in the tires made a pretty decent foot print.

IMG_0935.jpg

Of course we made it out after dark.

IMG_0944.jpg

IMG_0946.jpg

Enjoying a nice fire at the end of a fun day.

IMG_0956.jpg

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Took the MJ out to play in the desert today. As usual it did a wonderful job pulling the scooters. (cell phone pic)

20160403_160853.jpg

After a couple hours of riding, I put on some tunes and laid down in the back of the FJ to relax. I've had nice insulated shells on several pick up trucks throughout the years. The FJ is so much nicer to relax in because of the sound system.

Our dog loves to go for rides in the desert.

20160403_144755.jpg

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
You are perfecting the fine art of enjoying life :rocker:
Thanks Deb. I've always lived by the motto, "Work hard, play harder".

(After all, I could get run over by a Mack truck tomorrow).

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,110 Posts
Thanks Deb. I've always lived by the motto, "Work hard, play harder".

(After all, I could get run over by a Mack truck tomorrow).
Great motto...and philosophy.

It's true, you could - I did - and believe me life #2 is getting lived full-throttle. Good if you can do it without such extreme motivation :wink

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Great motto...and philosophy.

It's true, you could - I did - and believe me life #2 is getting lived full-throttle. Good if you can do it without such extreme motivation :wink
WTH? You really got ran over by a truck?

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,110 Posts
WTH? You really got ran over by a truck?
A pickup - drove me off the road...I ate a cliff trying to avoid a head on collision with him. Actually coded in the heli going to the ED. Years later I'd say I'm healthier than I've ever been in my life, especially in terms of attitude toward living...which you embody so well!

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Good gravy. I'm sorry to hear about that. You're a tough cookie Deb. I think the Man upstairs wanted to keep you around a little longer. We're glad He did!!

101 - 114 of 114 Posts