Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got back from Moab Spring Fling 2008. Can't wait to go again. Made reservations for Memorial Day weekend (May 23rd-26th). Anyone else interested or already headed that way? It will be a mad house but I just can't stay away!

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
I'm not trying to rain on your party, or criticize in any way, so please just take this at face value.

Is there another venue that will be less crowded (out of the way) that there would be some interest in.

I think I have claustrophobia just thinking about a long weekend holiday in Moab. It was nice out today so I tried Providence Canyon again just to see how much snow melts in one week and it was like downtown Logan in rush hour up there, and without snowmachines people were turning back at only 3.5 miles up.

I'm not trying to steer this thread away from Moab interest either, it's just not for me on memorial day weekend. If someone else has any ideas, post a new thread or PM me or whatever. I'm happy to find new places. Keep in mind I'm running stock until I can find the nuts to put my OME on. And I'm selling off all my excess baggage on ebay to try and afford some new treads.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I'm betting some good mountain roads will be open by then.

If not it could be a good time to hit the ghost towns in Western Utah via Wendover before the heat of the summer sets in.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm actually looking to head down again before the end of May. I'm not sure if Memorial Day weekend is when I'll be going. I would like a less crowded weekend.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As stated in my initial posting, I openly recognize that it is going to be a mad house down there but unfortunately that weekend worked with my schedule. I have already booked a campsite so I am not sure my plans will be changing.

I definitely want to get together with you guys even if it is not over Memorial Day. My wife really wants to see the ghost towns but it would probably have to be some other time for us. Thanks for all the input though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts