Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its early but thought Id ask if there is anyone planning on going to Moab like last year before the fun starts in Ouray.My online name was THOMAS as I was so clever before buying an FJ.I have a proper name now.Same Voodoo Blue with a few more Mods,skid plates,bfg km2s,laptop with gps,heavy rear links,etc.

·
Registered
136 Posts
My family plans on a short stay in Moab prior to the summit. We aren't planning any trail rides per se. We want to see the Arches and Canyon Lands.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Great maybe we can all meet up in Moab

Hmmm, sounds like that might be a good idea. It's too early to commit but definitely worth doing if all falls into place.

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
I will be there for a couple of days prior to Ouray. Most likely be camped at the KOA on the south side of town. Hope to do some trails. As it gets closer we can exchange info.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I am planning a Pre-Summit trip through Utah's South East corner starting at the Valley of the Gods & spending 3 or 4 days winding North to Canyonlands Park. From there It's a little bit over 200 miles to Ouray. If anyone has an interest in this mini-expedition let me know. I got the trip info from a back issue of Overland Journal. It has all the GPS waypoints and trail descriptions. From the story & picks this should be a super trip. I can't wait!!!

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
I'm fairly sure some of the SMC folks will be doing so as well. I plan on arriving in Moab on the Monday evening, do a trail during the day Tuesday (maybe Fins and Things, or Hell's Revenge) then head for Top of the World for sunset:cheers:. A little shopping on Wed. morning and head out toward Ouray for an early afternoon arrival.

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
I'm fairly sure some of the SMC folks will be doing so as well. I plan on arriving in Moab on the Monday evening, do a trail during the day Tuesday (maybe Fins and Things, or Hell's Revenge) then head for Top of the World for sunset:cheers:. A little shopping on Wed. morning and head out toward Ouray for an early afternoon arrival.
I'm not sure what SMC members are going to the Summit this year. We are going out in the fall for a few weeks.

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I will be leaving Phoenix the 11 or 12 and staying in Moab til the 15th and head to Ouray.Dont know who else will be there but Im sure we wont miss each other in such a small town.If not then I will be solo and taking tons of pictures.

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
We plan on being there the night of the 12th through the 13th. Leaving for Ouray on the morning of the 14th.

Will be doing a couple of trails, not certain which ones yet.

·
Banned
2,051 Posts
ok... so as an out of stater.. who has NEVER been to MOAB... Im thinking the solo thing is most likely NOT a great idea.

So as a general idea... can you do "it" in a day? Should you see it in "two" days?

Crunch time is rapidly approaching... we figure as long as we are in the neighborhood we might as well "do" a bit of Moab.

chime in locals.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
ok... so as an out of stater.. who has NEVER been to MOAB... Im thinking the solo thing is most likely NOT a great idea.

It depends on the trail, lots of easy/medium trails that you can do on your own.

So as a general idea... can you do "it" in a day? Should you see it in "two" days?

a day??....two days???....try 2 weeks and you can do "it"....seriously though, there are lots of trails to do, it just depends on your skill level and how comfortable you feel wheeling on something like slickrock(which is a totally different feeling) if you are use to wheeling in/on rocks and mud.

Crunch time is rapidly approaching... we figure as long as we are in the neighborhood we might as well "do" a bit of Moab.

chime in locals.

Do a search on here about Moab trips that have been taken... Spring fling.... Columbus day .... mayhem ...etc... You could also check out the website TrailDamage.com where they list a lot of the trails in and around Moab. Hope this helps some. Do remember, it is going to be hot in July......I mean death hot! Make sure you are prepared with plenty of water and have your FJ prepared for the hot temps. as well.

-Devin

1 - 20 of 21 Posts