Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally got around to stitching together some video clips from the big Moab trip. It's my first attempt at video editing so I'll preface the finished product with that caveat. My buddy Mark took the clips with my digital camera, so the jerky nature of some of the clips are his doing. I should also apologize for the abrupt ending; my cameraman did not anticipate the batteries going dead at such an inopportune moment. Those featured in the video are Jeff (CO-Jeff), Mike (BigBadFJ), Ken (MoSun) and myself. The spotter in the Hell's Gate portion is Chris Nelson of the Trail Teams, who did a terrific job. The first video clips are of the Wedgie on Poison Spider Mesa. The last clips are of Hell's Gate in Hell's Revenge. There were six of us that did Hell's Gate (in addition to Chris). I would encourage anyone who missed it this year to try to do it next year (since I'm certain it will become an annual event), and if you haven't seen all the pictures in the big Moab Trip thread I would recommend doing so to get the flavor of what it's like out there. I can't wait.

Oh, the video is HERE. It may take a long time to load since it's a large file, coupled with the fact that the server may be slow at times. I apologize in advance if that's the case. I should also probably mention that it's a QuickTime file, so for those of you on Windows machines, you'll need QuickTime for Windows installed (it's a free download from Apple).

Jim

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks Ken. If you'd like a DVD of the video I'll be glad to mail you one (I'm doing it for Jeff). It's much, much better full screen; in fact, there's really no comparison. For obvious reasons I had to compress it drastically to make it accessible online, and even then I would up with a 45MB file. Since you're so prominently featured you might like to see your vehicle in ALL its glory. Let me know.

Jim

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Thanks Ken. If you'd like a DVD of the video I'll be glad to mail you one (I'm doing it for Jeff). It's much, much better full screen; in fact, there's really no comparison. For obvious reasons I had to compress it drastically to make it accessible online, and even then I would up with a 53MB file. Since you're so prominently featured you might like to see your vehicle in ALL its glory. Let me know.

Jim
Reason I'm so prominently featureed is becasue I drive so damn slow.:)

·
Registered
71 Posts
:jawdrop: :zzz: :cowtounge: :) :pinklove: :habbobuggs: :thinkerg: just kopped a killer buzz off that ! 2 thumbs up.:ninja: :bandit: :slant: :roller:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Wow Jim! Great video, it was worth the time it took to load. What a blast it was reliving the moment. It's great to be able to show something you can't fully describe to someone. "Oh what fun it is to ride in a one horse open FJ!" I can't wait to show Kathie. Happy Thanksgiving Deb:jawdrop: :pinklove:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts