Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get some help on riding some of the trails out West. Unfortuneately can not make a summitt or scheduled trail ride during my planned trip to CA. Will be heading west May 15. Anyone have contacts or reccomendations for some of the more famous trails " Hells Gate" @ Moab etc. Thanks from a NC *******

·
Registered
18 Posts
You can't miss Moab if you come west. I can't make it down there on the 15th...maybe someone else will chime in. FYI...."Hells Gate" is simply an optional obtactle on the "Hells Revenge" Trail. I highly recommend starting off with Fins N Things, as it will give you a taste for what Hells Revenge has to offer. A couple of my all time favorites are Poison Spider Mesa & Top of the World. Steelbender is fun too.

However, you should go to the visitors center, or order online, a book by Charles Wells that covers all of the classic Moab trails and ranks them by difficulty. Also, there are some very detailed maps in the visitors center.. you will want the Moab West & Moab East trail maps.

Here's the link on Amazon: Amazon.com: Guide to Moab, UT Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails 2nd edition (9781934838006): Charles A. Wells: Books

Also, if you wish to hire the most experienced Moab guide there is, try Dan ****.
Dan ****'s Guided Tours
This guy can get you in and out of any Moab trail safely.

Good luck, wish I could meet you down there...I'm only 4 hours away.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks much SnoMan, I will check out the links. And try to contact Dan ****. I will be by myself, not even a copilot or spotter so I really do need a sidekick. Not set on the dates, but really do want to try to see that area. Hope I can bump into some help when I get there.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts