Attachments

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Emission System Protection? Weird.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Nothing but but positive results from everyone I know who runs Mobil-1. I've used it for 240K miles in my V6 4Runner, still zero oil used between 6K mile changes.

Ran it for 130K miles in a 5.0 Mustang, and when I replaced the valve cover gaskets, the valve train literally looked like a zero-mile engine: zero carbon, zero varnish, zero anything except bright, clean, bare metal.

For an overview of all the various Mobil-1 engine oils and their ZDDP content, see: https://mobiloil.com/~/media/amer/us/pvl/files/pdfs/mobil-1-oil-product-specs-guide.pdf

Note that the 0W-50 ESP has slightly more ZDDP than the other ESP versions.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I love Mobil One, been using it since the 80s. Just have no idea what the point of this ESP version is.

[edit] read the link posted by FJTest above, sez the ESP is meant for diesel vehicles with particulate filters (in the exhaust, presumably).

Probably would work just fine in any petrol vehicle, though.

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nothing but but positive results from everyone I know who runs Mobil-1. I've used it for 240K miles in my V6 4Runner, still zero oil used between 6K mile changes.

Ran it for 130K miles in a 5.0 Mustang, and when I replaced the valve cover gaskets, the valve train literally looked like a zero-mile engine: zero carbon, zero varnish, zero anything except bright, clean, bare metal.

For an overview of all the various Mobil-1 engine oils and their ZDDP content, see: https://mobiloil.com/~/media/amer/us/pvl/files/pdfs/mobil-1-oil-product-specs-guide.pdf

Note that the 0W-50 ESP has slightly more ZDDP than the other ESP versions.
Thank you. I run a 5W-30 oil, asked because the chart you link doesn’t show any ACEA number etc for the ESP.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I have been using Mobil 1 in my FJ and Tacoma for years. Oil change every 10k with no issues. 260k on my Tacoma and 145k on the FJ.
Dont see why the ESP formula would not work just fine.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I used 0w20 high mileage in my fj last year put a little less than 200 miles off road (doing overland driving) and after 2k miles i saw a thin layer of varnish in the filter housing and in the oil cap, i switched to valvoline 0w20 and never saw varnish again..

If your gonna use mobil 1 dnt buy it from walmart...

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I used 0w20 high mileage in my fj last year put a little less than 200 miles off road (doing overland driving) and after 2k miles i saw a thin layer of varnish in the filter housing and in the oil cap, i switched to valvoline 0w20 and never saw varnish again..

walmart mobil 1 is diff from other mobil 1?

·
Premium Member
4,234 Posts

Did you have it tested to assure it was varnish?

If you really have varnish in your system I’ve never seen another oil clean it up.
Your oil filter should have been coated with it.
The oil pressure should have been lower when the oil was cold.

I’ve dealt with varnish problems in 1000 gal. systems. The oil that caused the varnish problems was not Mobil synthetic.
Never seen varnish or coaking problems with Mobile synthetic.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts

I've been buying Mobil One from Walmart for decades without any problem of any kind.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts