Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The mod fairy left me $750. Im not really sure what to get with that. I'm also mechanically retarded. I am looking primarily for an off road mod.

Any opinion as to what I should get?

I already have:
Tires
Brush guard (don't want a bumper yet)
Aftermarket stereo
Off road lights

I also don't want aftermarket wheels.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
OME lift!

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
On board air?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Upgraded skid plates or a roof rack.

·
Registered
493 Posts
The Toyoutfitters LCA's, Outrider suspension LCA link armor,
and rear shock armor. All-Pro High clearance tailpipe.

Just for starter...:bigthumb:

KyFJGuy

·
Registered
341 Posts
Lift!!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I would go with a cool keychain, or big fuzzy dice for the rear view mirror. Jk. Get a lift or some Skid plates.

·
Premium Member
9,345 Posts
I thought it was a Moderator question. :lol:

Def get a lift. OME if you are limited to the $750.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounding like a lift at this point! How hard is the install?

I'll look for specifics later. Just need an 1-10 on a mechanical retard scale, where 1 is easy.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
6. pretty easy. hardest part would be getting the springs compressed to get them in there. also make sure you start spraying your bolts with some type of bolt loosener a couple days before, other wise it'll be a b!tch to get them off.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
I think for $750 you may be able to get the lift AND have it installed. Do some checking around for a decent price on a solid performing lift (see our supporting venders, I like ToyTec). Don't forget that many many of your fellow FJers love to get together for 'Mod Days' where they use their collective skills to work on a few trucks at once for the price of an adult beverage or two.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Get the lift we will get it on there with you. I just placed the toy tec coil lift on mine. You missed the day at the shop where KC installed the lift on Cody's truck and did an alinement on both of our trucks. I know Nick and Cody would be game to help out. what suspension do you currently have is it the bilstein? If so then you could go with the toy tech lift for that money.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I doubt it's the Bilstein's. I'm not positive really. It's loaded out, but it's on a TT or an TRD.

Cody said you all were very helpful. I now see why he said that. Thanks!

The fairy doesn't come until late March, so this will be an April adventure.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Also..I'm leaning towards 275s for tires (those are coming next week). Will that be appropriate for this lift?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I looked under the FJ. The only markings I see on them are a Toyota label. I'm 99% sure they aren't (Bilsteins).

1 - 20 of 34 Posts