Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The mod fairy left me $750. Im not really sure what to get with that. I'm also mechanically retarded. I am looking primarily for an off road mod.

Any opinion as to what I should get?

I already have:
Tires
Brush guard (don't want a bumper yet)
Aftermarket stereo
Off road lights

I also don't want aftermarket wheels.

Thanks

· Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I doubt it's the Bilstein's. I'm not positive really. It's loaded out, but it's on a TT or an TRD.

Cody said you all were very helpful. I now see why he said that. Thanks!

The fairy doesn't come until late March, so this will be an April adventure.

· Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Just my 2 cents but I believe that protection should be the first mods you make to your vehicle. Skid plates would be my recommendation. If you get a lift you will want to off-road it shortly after, without skids you are leaving yourself open to do some damage. If you put skid plates on first you can still off-road at stock height and have protection.

http://www.budbuilt.com/index.php?p...tegory_id=19&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=170 Only $725 and will save you lots of money in the end
Good point.

· Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
In the end..I'm getting the pro comp lift. I read and read, and know the goods and bads. Next I'll add skids. Since they are cheaper per unit, I'll get them here and there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.