Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· Registered
3,358 Posts
There are some guys on here with the procomp lift, and most of them will probably tell you it's great. But what I can guarantee you is, the majority of people on here with a lift are doing so with an Old Man Emu kit. No it isn't the best, but it is the cheapest of the "worth while lifts," if you will.

The tire will be fine. By that I mean, it will fit under there. With a 3" lift you can squeeze a 35" tire under there. The thing you need to decide is what type of tire you want to get, then figure out what size will work best for you. There are literally thousands of threads on this topic. Good luck.

· Registered
378 Posts
Ya, ill help ya slap it on too when you get it. No prob.

I've seen a lot of members go with the OME and haven't really seen any complaints.

When and if I lift, I'll probably go with OME or Bilsteins 5100 as it seems that they there Is a great
Improvement over stock.

· Registered
86 Posts
Just my 2 cents but I believe that protection should be the first mods you make to your vehicle. Skid plates would be my recommendation. If you get a lift you will want to off-road it shortly after, without skids you are leaving yourself open to do some damage. If you put skid plates on first you can still off-road at stock height and have protection.

http://www.budbuilt.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=113&category_id=19&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=170 Only $725 and will save you lots of money in the end

· Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Just my 2 cents but I believe that protection should be the first mods you make to your vehicle. Skid plates would be my recommendation. If you get a lift you will want to off-road it shortly after, without skids you are leaving yourself open to do some damage. If you put skid plates on first you can still off-road at stock height and have protection.

http://www.budbuilt.com/index.php?p...tegory_id=19&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=170 Only $725 and will save you lots of money in the end
Good point.

· Premium Member
1,941 Posts
The mod fairy left me $750. Im not really sure what to get with that. I'm also mechanically retarded. I am looking primarily for an off road mod.

Any opinion as to what I should get?

I already have:
Tires
Brush guard (don't want a bumper yet)
Aftermarket stereo
Off road lights

I also don't want aftermarket wheels.

Thanks
Demello Bumper??? $800

· Registered
3,358 Posts
Cool. Lets see some pics when you're done with it.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.