Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08' FJ and so far the only mod that I have on it is a Bandi Mount with a 4' firestik antenna and the new WX NW BT Cobra(which I love). I want to do the following to my rig and I want to make sure that these modifications are compatible.

1. Purchase ARB BullBar
2. Purchase Warn Endurance 12.0 Winch
3. Pro Comp 3" Lift Kit with ES Shocks

My question then is are these three compatible, and in what order should they be put on my FJ? Also are the compatible with my stock BFG All Terrains that came with my FJ at the time of purchase. I believe the dimensions are 265/75 R16. Any experienced drivers reply would be much appreciated. Thanks for your help. :cheers:

·
Titanium Pearl
890 Posts
1. Purchase ARB BullBar
2. Purchase Warn Endurance 12.0 Winch
You may want to check to see if that winch will fit. It may be a little tight. Also that is going to be a fair amount of weight for a spacer lift. I would Upgrade the front shock and springs. OME makes a nice heaver duty shock/ spring combo for the front that might hold the weight better.

As far as order.

Lift, Bumper/Winch

·
Registered
2,698 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
You can do the winch and bumper first if you'd like but the loss of ground clearance, stink bug looks, and huge weight up front will not be enjoyable.

OME is going to be a cheaper option that is proven to work well at handling the weight. Jbell uses OME mediums with a trim packer ontop of the shock and also has a differential drop. This setup performs extremely well offroad and gives it a mean stance. I've also seen OME heavies used with the same bumper and they held the weight very well but you do lose some flexing ability when offroad.

Ultimately it's how you want to use your FJ. The ARB is a nice and strong option but its weight makes it difficult if you don't want to spend some cash on suspension. Hope that helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts