Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We realize that as this community grows we will need some assistance in 'policing' it -- keeping threads on topic and letting people know that rude uncalled for comments have no place here.

We would like to see some suggestions from the community members as to who you think will make a good moderator.

I see the following skills as necessary, tho it is by no means a complete list.

1. You must have a level head and realize that you dont need to agree with all the statements made here.

2. You must be able to act professional at all times and treat forum members with respect at all times. Even when they piss you off and break the rules :) (this rule is easier said then done)

3. You must be able to spend a moderate amount of time here.

Mainly rule #1 and #2 are the most important. With that said, who do you think deserves a nomination?

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
I think Pancho would do nicely as a Moderator.........he seems to keep the voice of reason,.....ok most of the time, seroiusly, he would do well.

Also, Tacozilla is always taking the high road and would be a huge asset to the TEAM, provided he has time to share. I realize he keeps pretty busy with life in general, but would be great.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
......on the other side of the coin, some of us, may not be so well suited for a moderator position........

air

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what is the tsar=czar comment? you confused about spelling?

it's the "media's" point of view? are you a moron or just mildly ill? why is it the "media's" idea that nuclear weapons should be reduced and not new ones invented? why is it the media's thinking that ideological idiocy with respect to abstinence has let to a rise in STDs among teens? Why is it the media's thinking that scrapping the ABM treaty is one of the most misguided policy errors in recent memory?

don't be an idiot. it's humiliating.

.....only my humble opinion. ejr :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Thanks EJR, I guess, but .... I will not seek, nor will I accept.....
Really, its fun around here and my schedule has been stable the last month which has allowed me to kibitz with the rest of yunz pretty regularly lately, but that could change here shortly and I could dissappear into the hills for a while. I'd do it if there were say, two or three other moderators too, so I didn't feel like a schmo if I were gone for a while. So I might sign up for the gig if EJR does too, and of course Percy has to stick around. Would it mean I couldn't try to tweak Spikearama anymore?

·
Banned
2,350 Posts
EJR and Mappled*ck seriously need to find extrordinarily beautiful women. Sexual frustration is a difficult to deal with. Next to ignorance it's the second most common cause of idiocy.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
air said:
EJR and Mappled*ck seriously need to find extrordinarily beautiful women. Sexual frustration is a difficult to deal with. Next to ignorance it's the second most common cause of idiocy.
totally man! is your sister free tonight?

·
Registered
644 Posts
caliFJ said:
could we get Tone for color commentator???

=) I'd be glad to laugh at all your jokes and be a part of the mod team. Thanks for the nomination Cali. Any colors you need commenting on? :D

My vote is granger. He has provided the most info I have ever seen. He answers everyone's questions directly. And he is one of the fattest, coolest cats on the block. If I could have more than one vote, I'd vote Pancho, Cali, Ill, Air, Bobbi, EJR....in no particular order. Sorry if I forgot anyone. :eek:

By the way, I really hope they finish experimenting on that satin paint, and make it available within the next year or two. Did anyone get the chance to touch it? I'm sure that sounds ridiculous, but how does it feel? ;)

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
To hell with you all, if you dont like my [email protected] chearful personality then frick you all.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

(I know your all holding my damn magizine guy comments against me):mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :D

·
Registered
552 Posts
How about different job openings, such as locating site sponsors and negotiate member rates for products/companies targeting the FJ specifically. With what 500 members and thousands of lurkers this is really the spot for the vendors to have ads along with offering us some kind of incentives. I hereby nominate myself for this undefined position. Also we need to establish a press division of this site to get proper press access to events and invitations, this is a huge virtual club most likely larger than any of the local club and since nobody has an FJ yet it is a heck of a start.....err...a 2007 FJ.

Nothing against your current sponsors as they are great but once products and FJ come online I suspect a more appropriate set of sponsors will be knocking at this forum.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Tone said:
=) I'd be glad to laugh at all your jokes and be a part of the mod team. Thanks for the nomination Cali. Any colors you need commenting on? :D

My vote is granger. He has provided the most info I have ever seen. He answers everyone's questions directly. And he is one of the fattest, coolest cats on the block. If I could have more than one vote, I'd vote Pancho, Cali, Ill, Air, Bobbi, EJR....in no particular order. Sorry if I forgot anyone. :eek:

By the way, I really hope they finish experimenting on that satin paint, and make it available within the next year or two. Did anyone get the chance to touch it? I'm sure that sounds ridiculous, but how does it feel? ;)
Thanks Tone. I most of the people listed here would succeed as a mod on this board. ekool, if you need help let me know.

-Granger

·
Registered
228 Posts
My vote would be for Granger. Longer member then Pancho, although Pancho would be great as well.

There are plenty that would be good at it, but granger has always been helpful to me and others in locating info. And has kept threads on topic.

If air is selected...I'll find my way to the forum which we do not speak of.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts