Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
???

You cut the swingout mounts and welded the spindles directly to the bumper? Did you reuse the secondary bracket or fab up something yourself?
dished out the mounts and brackets that comes with it, bought my own spindle and had it mounted by a prof welder.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome jesse!

Hey, something wrong with your avatar man... So your FJ parks in the garage...your trailer takes up another part of the garage... where is the spot for mrs jesse? On the street huh? :lol:
Fj is not a daily driver , we park our daily driver on the driveway (can fit 4 cars) And the Garage is just for me, that's my fav place in the house, lol.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Any pics of this mounted? Also how does the spare attach with just those two studs??

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
What a beautiful combination! That's the exact setup I want...Can't wait to see a bunch of pics...so please do so when your able! :lol: :cheers:

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its been on the fj

in fact i gave it a shakedown already during the 4th annual fjne run

everything held up pretty nice :cheers:

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hows the noise? any rattles with a setup like that?

I saw so many swingouts in Australia on vehicles. Some were even rocking dual spare tires. Looks great!
I filled up the scepters on 2 days of wheeling plus tools on the back and no rattles at all and I don't have to stop to a gas station on my way home.:cheers:

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nice, do you know if there are any swingouts that swing open to the right so you can use a gobi ladder?
I got rid of my gobo ladder .... I can climb the back using my bumper and swingout and too much metal on the back in my opinion. As for any other swingouts I don't know, in fact I didn't plan this set up the parts just Became available along the way. Thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts