Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a ton of prime real estate between the rear view mirror and the dome light that is begging for a overhead console. Not just any old console but a modular system that uses a pair of rails running the full length about 8" apart. You could even build in a hollow conduit to allow for 12V power cables or other cables to be run down the rails.

This would allow for modular/configurable storage containers, lights, CB/HAM radio face plates, drop down GPS/NAV systems; etc.

:)

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
You can't do that on a FJ because in the headliner there are speakers that you really don't want to mess with, that is the same reason why we can't have sun roofs.:flame:

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
I have to dissagree, I know 3 people personally who have sunroofs with the headliner thinies, they arn't speakers, they are like little vibrating modules, true, using the headliner for other things may deter from the audio aspect but very minimally, I have seen some folks at meets who have installed CB/HAM units up there as well as flip down screens. If you want it, It can be done , there are many custom companies that can make everything you want. The main reason the FJ doesnt have all the little fine luxuries that so many folks complain about is to keep the price down. Toyota charges like 400 bucks for the subwoofer option alone, imagine how much it would be if we had all those niceties. I know I couldn't afford it. Thats why I don't own a Land Cruiser. Aftermarket is the way to go with these rigs. It's cheaper and personalized. The FJC is a very capable vehicle but it's also kind of a blank slate for anyone to customize.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts