Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day!!
I got some PIAA 525 lights that got some moisture on the inside of the lens.
Why is it there and how do I get it out?

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Good day!!
Why is it there and how do I get it out?
If they're built like other lights, the O-rings aren't working well. You'll need to go to something like an O-ring shop and pick up new rings. About 40 cents each. Grease them with plumbing grease first, and they might never leak again. Definitely need to fix the cause rather than just wipe them out.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Mt 525's do not appear to leak. I've had then on for all the rains we've had and they're still dry.. Try running them to everything it rains and running them as often as you can If ther are hotter inside the moisture will try to dissipate.. Good Much.. Ron

QUOTE=Radio;1061999]Good day!!
Why is it there and how do I get it out?[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How do I get them apart to fix the o-rings? Is there somewhere I can get an exploded view assembly diagram, or can you explain it to me? I just don't want to break them mokeying around unless I know what I am doing.
The whole o-ring thing makes sense...

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I could be wrong but don't they have drainage holes on the bottom ? Not sure if they do.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
I would follow breauxtus advice as well.. Cheers.. Ron

PS: They are awesome lights, I love them

If they're built like other lights, the O-rings aren't working well. You'll need to go to something like an O-ring shop and pick up new rings. About 40 cents each. Grease them with plumbing grease first, and they might never leak again. Definitely need to fix the cause rather than just wipe them out.

Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.