Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 379 Posts

· Registered
10,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK.. First Off, Thank you Uphill for organizing this trip! Thank You to MuddyGrl for the swag!! And Thanks to all the excellent chefs we had out there :rofl:

I have an album of about 110 pics here:

https://dominicg.photoshop.com/?wf=share&galleryid=0196ee88433c4019a9ad37ca3d6484c4&trackingid=BTAGC

Without a doubt the best camping/wheeling experience i've ever had. what a party! Pleasure meeting everyone!

Some of us couldn't help but haul some serious ***.. we got quite ahead of the rest of the pack :indifferent:

Gon2Srf's Carnage..

Showing off..

Gon2Srf's second time around..

Mattmainster put a huge chunk in his sidewall

Soda Lake

Just an awesome pic..

· Premium Member
10,285 Posts
Ok, I'll go first...

I was following Dominic. First mistake. Actually, I could probably stop there and await all the flaming!

A Joshua Tree (that I couldn't help referring to as Jeshua Trees!) reached right out and took my passenger side mirror from me! I swear, just the mirror, without leaving a scratch on the truck or mirror assembly.
I think I scared the heck out of Keith with that because he said it looked like the window could/would come crashing on on him.

Other than that, I came home with my truck living up to my screen name.

Larry deserves a huge thank you from everyone. He'll no doubt get it! It was just about as much fun as a group of people could have and not get arrested.

M

· Premium Member
19,414 Posts
Great pics guys. More carnage then last time around it seems. Were you guys going faster? CV issues Scott? Looks like sway bar link broke loose and slashed the boot.

· Premium Member
8,892 Posts
Awesome pics Dom. I so wish I could have been there with you guys racing around.

Scott what is this number 4 know? you need to stop trashing your CV boots. (Sean if you look at the pic you will see that the AP sway bar link broke/failed and then took out the CV from just hanging around from the upper mount.)

Mo gald you only lost a mirror and not a window or a huge pin strip. Jeshua trees are big and strong like me :lol: and will jack up a rig.

let see some more. :blueblob:

· Registered
10,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great pics guys. More carnage then last time around it seems. Were you guys going faster? CV issues Scott? Looks like sway bar link broke loose and slashed the boot.

oh yeah we were going fast.. Josh wasn't here, so we had to take his place :rofl:

Scott broke a link, tore up the CV boot. Then the second time around he messed up the camber, don't know what happened though. But they trail "fixed" it all and nursed it off the trail.

· Premium Member
8,892 Posts
oh yeah we were going fast.. Josh wasn't here, so we had to take his place :rofl:

Scott broke a link, tore up the CV boot. Then the second time around he messed up the camber, don't know what happened though. But they trail "fixed" it all and nursed it off the trail.
See what happens when you try to be like me Dom. :lol:

Trail fix = Duct tape :rofl:

· Registered
1,907 Posts
Awesome pics Dom. I so wish I could have been there with you guys racing around.

Scott what is this number 4 know? you need to stop trashing your CV boots. (Sean if you look at the pic you will see that the AP sway bar link broke/failed and then took out the CV from just hanging around from the upper mount.)

Mo gald you only lost a mirror and not a window or a huge pin strip. Jeshua trees are big and strong like me :lol: and will jack up a rig.

let see some more. :blueblob:
what's funny is Mo had a "slip" and actually referred to them as Jeshua trees.;)

· Premium Member
8,892 Posts
Ya Josh and I got to hang out at the excellent . . . NOT. . . Offroad Expo.
I figured it was the CV, didn't know about the AP link failure.
That was the biggest let down. I kept getting all mad this weekend when I saw adds for it saying its the biggest off road show around (for some weird reason I aw a bunch). I just got to say the one at the end of the year better be 100x better then this one.

· Registered
1,698 Posts
That was the biggest let down. I kept getting all mad this weekend when I saw adds for it saying its the biggest off road show around (for some weird reason I aw a bunch). I just got to say the one at the end of the year better be 100x better then this one.
Totally agree. I asked the guys at the gate "um, . . .where's the rest of it?". and they said "whatta mean, this is it" (one pavilion and nothing outside) like I should be amazed :cowfrown:

· Premium Member
19,414 Posts
Bah, I was asking StHarris to go out for lunch. Maybe should've just round up you, him, and Mikescruiser and had some dim sum. I didn't know Thugasaur and others have gone to the show as well. May have been a nice little get-together. I'm jealous of the trail run, but am kind of glad I didn't go too. I don't think I could've kept up.

· Premium Member
10,285 Posts

· Premium Member
8,892 Posts
Here is the best I got Dom. I am sure some others could do a much better job with them.

1 - 20 of 379 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.