Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I had another post looking for steelies. If I cant find steelies, I was thinking about getting the Mojave Teflons from American Racing.

For the people that have these, are they black or really dark grey on color?

Also. Do they come in the EXACT OEM wheel size?

Thanks. I did a search but my results were limited.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. Thanks for the reply. I kind of thought they were dark grey. I need black. Man. Too bad the dealer wants $149 a wheel for the steelies.

Doh!

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Here are mine, same deal would have preferred the steel wheels but alas I wound up with this.....

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys. Looks really good. They are pretty much black. I was under the impression they were the same color as the SE TRD wheels.

Where are you ordering them?

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
I believe there is currently a very long wait (months) on any of the Teflon wheels from AR.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I believe there is currently a very long wait (months) on any of the Teflon wheels from AR.
Really? Interesting. I thought I remembered seing something about the Chambers being on backorder but it surprises me that AR wouldnt be able to meet demand. They are pretty big.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have a set of the A/R teflon-coated "Mojave" wheels in 16", running Goodyear MT/R 285/75R16s that I stole from my '99 4Runner. My only beef with them is that the lug nuts that you have to use with the wheels are not as long as the stock Toyota lug nuts, and they end up only engaging a few threads. I'm not overly comfortable with that arrangement.

Just a heads-up about the A/R "Mojave" wheels ...

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I have a set of the A/R teflon-coated "Mojave" wheels in 16", running Goodyear MT/R 285/75R16s that I stole from my '99 4Runner. My only beef with them is that the lug nuts that you have to use with the wheels are not as long as the stock Toyota lug nuts, and they end up only engaging a few threads. I'm not overly comfortable with that arrangement.

Just a heads-up about the A/R "Mojave" wheels ...
Thats becouse your using the wrong lug nuts.They sell specific lug nuts that thread beyond the conical insert between the rim and bolt.Wheelsforless.com sells them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts