Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its kind of quiet here in anticipation of the Ouary report. I am going to post up some photos of a trip I did back on July 4th long weekend.

Monache Meadows is situated on the south side of Sequoia National park. Its also bordered by Inyo wilderness and Golden Trout wilderness. Its 8000 ft elevation with Kerns south fork runs thru it.

When I first heard of this place I attempt to go there with my honda pilot and was not successful. That led me to buy the FJ next year and this whole offroad world opens up. This place is beautiful with temperature down to high 30s and low 40 s at night.

My younger daughter caught her first fish a Golden Trout which is native in that area and it taste good!!!

Fj posing
[

9 mile cyn just off the 395

At the Blackrock ranger station

Our whole group

Start of the dirt road

To be continued......

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Monache Meadow, CA (continued)

One of the river crossing

Its a really nice land crusier!!

Kerns river south fork

Cooking the fish that my daughter caught

Max playing in the water

and Pacific Crest Trail-- a hiking trail which goes from Mexico all the way to Canada.

Gordon

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've been reading about this place for quite some time. I want to get up there very soon.
I spent the weekend before the 4th IN Sequoia Natl Park, then looped thru Yosemite,
and camped a few days by the power plant at Lower Lee Vining. GREAT trip!

Thanks so much for your pics, I just showed them to the gf and now she wants to go too.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Monanche is a wonderful place our group of friends did a couple of trips there a year in the late 60's and into the 80's.
From what I have heard the trail in is like a highway now.
Great place to go to, and your pictures were wonderful.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. Heading up ther again mid week. It really is a beautiful place.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts