Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of us will be wheeling this next Monday. Looks like we'll explore the back side of Lytle Creek and Baldy Mesa trail. It's not very technical, but there are some fun sections. Anyone else interested? Think of it as a prerun for Christmas party.:king:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Where is the back side of Lytle Creek and Baldy Mesa trail? I live in Murrieta and if not to far... I would like to go out with you all............ Gary :)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Where is the back side of Lytle Creek and Baldy Mesa trail? I live in Murrieta and if not to far... I would like to go out with you all............ Gary :)
Tony can give you a more accurate estimate, but I think Baldy Mesa is around Interstate 15 at highway 138 intersection. This area shows it is about 1 hour from you on google. My drive should be about the same coming from Van Nuys. Looks like we may have a chance of showers:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The backside of Lytle creek is 3N31, 3N29, and 3N33. There's also a trail back there that's not numbered. It does dead end on that one, but the end is kind of fun. 3N29 and 3N33 will take you into Lone Pine road (near Wrightwood). We can take Lone Pine east toward I-15 and hook up to Baldy Mesa. It's fun to explore around the area. If a fan of train fanning, you'll love this area. The trails aren't difficult. There is a black diamond at 2N24 (I think), but it's optional.

We can start early, hit the trails and maybe have a late lunch near the Bass Pro Shop.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sounds like a good run, definitely interested. May have my new tires-KM2'S- on by then! I will try my best to free up some time and come out.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm thinking we should meet at 8:30 am at Bass Pro Shop. Let me know if that's too early. If we want to start a bit later, we could have lunch at Wrightwood. An 8:30am start means we can just have some snacks and have lunch around 2pm-plenty of time left for the 5:30pm class you need to get back to.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How about we meet at the NE corner of Sierra exit off I-15? That should be easy to find. :)

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
:mecry:i wish I could go stuck at work on Monday unless I call in Sick.ummmm an idea.:rocker:

·
Registered
253 Posts
We still shooting for a 8:30 am meeting time?

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm definitely coming! So Sierra exit @ 8.30am is confirmed?? Look forward to seeing you guys again. Looks like there's a good chance of rain!

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks good. 8:30 at Sierra exit!

·
Registered
253 Posts
I'm definitely coming! So Sierra exit @ 8.30am is confirmed?? Look forward to seeing you guys again. Looks like there's a good chance of rain!
Hey Paul,
You get the KM2s installed yet? Got about 18,000 miles on mine so far, and they are holding up great. Looking forward to wheeling with you again.:cheers:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi James, yeah I was able to get the km2's installed the other day...very happy with them. They look awesome. It will be good to get them off road Monday! Look forward to seeing you.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts