Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

121 - 140 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Greetings Miles,

I moved to Whitefish from Cleveland last summer and this really is an amazing area. I work in the hospitals in Kalispell and Whitefish, and both are top-notch for such small communities. Kalispell is a nice town with lots of shopping and entertainment for its size thanks to the large area that feeds into it. Whitefish is a little more stuffy thanks to a large number of wealthy retirees and vacationers. It has awesome restaurants and arts. The real reason most people live here is the outdoors. Glacier park is amazing and there is lots more state and federal land for recreation. The ski area is really good here too. There isn't a ton of hard-core offroading, but there is enough if you know where to look. My advice is that if you like outdoor recreation you will love it here.
GlacierCruiser, im in the Kalispell area, believe i may have seen your FJ runing around, nice rig. I didnt know there were any members in the Flathead! Anybody else close by? How about a early trail run?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was in the Flathead area last week interviewing for a job and I was surprised by how many FJs we saw. For a relatively small area we saw a bunch more than we thought we would. My job has been secured and my wife has some very promising leads so with any luck we'll be moving in June. We'd love to get out and explore the area trails with any other folks, especially FJ owners. Thinking of checking into the Skyliners 4X4 club too.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Hey, I don't mean to interrupt, but I just want to give a shout out to a great buddy of mine living up your way. We have been friends a long time, worked together, played together, families are friends and all that. This guy is the best of the best type. He is running for office and I would ask that you please check him out and give him your full support if he reflects your values.

Ed Walker for State Senate | District 29

thanks!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Happy Memorial Day to all of you!!! Please take a minute and remember those who have given their all in service to our country. Our FJ will deliver us to Veteran's Memorial Park in Lewistown for the annual service and then off to the family gathering. Tom and Elaine

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Keeping this alive for Montana FJ owners. We headed out two weekends ago with the FJ and Tentrax, south from Lewistown to Red Lodge then to Cody and camped for the night. Next morning we headed west through Yellowstone and worked out way north and ended up in Livingston, camped there and back home the third day. Great weekend get away. Didn't get off the blacktop but it was a great time anyway. Saw a total of nine FJ's. Will do one more "roadtrip" and act like tourists before fire season starts around here. T&E

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Was thinking about going to Montana once, but then ............

Kidding of course, go there all the time. Son lives in Billings, beautiful state...:bigthumb:

·
Registered
47 Posts
i will be movin to great falls in november. and i just bought my FJ 2 days ago. lookin forwar to havin some fun up here

·
Registered
47 Posts
If you get over to the Flathead Valley I recommend checking out the Blacktail/Wild Bill Trail which is in the mountains above Lakeside on the west side of the lake. I've done part of the trail and had a good time. I live right near there which is nice too. Take care, mg.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
i will be movin to great falls in november. and i just bought my FJ 2 days ago. lookin forwar to havin some fun up here
Some people have all the luck! Congrats and enjoy your new home area - I think you'll like it.

Jerry:cheers:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
Haven't checked in to this thread for awhile. I guess we are like everyone else, sick of winter and layin' low. We were in Billings April 19th and in a matter of minutes in the area of 32nd and Grand we saw three other FJs. Two yellow and one just like ours (black cherry). Made for a fun afternoon after hanging out at Frontier most of the day.
Hope all of the Montana FJ folks have had a "great" winter and we'll be seeing you on the road this summer. Best to all!!! T and E:cheers:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
We survived the summer with three trips to Red Lodge and several close to town runs into the local mountain ranges. A lot of the two tracks took a terrible beating from the spring floods so one had to be careful where you ended up. Looking forward to a trip to the CM Russell Wildlife Refuge to check out the Elk and maybe on east to see how the breaks roads look. Hope everyone had a great summer. Tom and Elaine

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Hello! Most likely will be added to this thread since I will probably be going to school in montana next year, just wanted to say hi

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Hey Tom & Elaine, ever thought of maybe postin' up some pics of your excursions up there in God's country. I never get tired of seeing scenic Montana pictures (or FJs for that matter.

Thanks, Jerry :cheers:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
Had a busy fall and ignored the forum and the thread for awhile but will do better.
Muddraggin' I will get my daughter to help and will try to get some of our photos posted. Tired of winter already and looking forward to getting out again. Tom and Elaine

·
Registered
536 Posts
I've always wanted to have a MT meet 'n greet but the state is so darn big so it would be real hard to find a good location.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello,
If it matters, I'm snooping here on the FJ site and came across this thread. I am a 4runner in Billings and go to school at WSU, so I get alot of highway miles in... :D I'm on T4R.org alot, but I never see much people in MT with 'em.

(I'll add this too: I'm in search of someone with old FJ suspension if anyone has some laying around!)

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
I was alerted to the Montana thread by Montucky (thank you very much! :clap:). We just bought our FJ 11 days ago, but I remember the first time I saw one (in 2007) and knew that I would buy one someday. Ours is an 07 Voodoo Blue FJC - and now that I've got her, I've seen 3 other Voodoos in Billings (which is where we live). Having said that, they're still rare enough that I see people whip their necks around to take a look at our ride - nice :cheers:! I look forward to visiting on the thread with fellow FJCr's.....

121 - 140 of 164 Posts