Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Man these Boston meter maids are merciless.

I've gotten (5) tickets in the past month. Meter over the limit (ie - paid but over the 2 hour posted limit), too close to a hydrant (at a distance that has ALWAYS previously been fine - for years), and now today - I forgot that my inspection sticker ended in June. Ironically look at what else happened today...

Boston parking fines increase today - Local News Updates - The Boston Globe

·
Registered
61 Posts
It's all about the money,
Here if you get a speeding ticket, you can double the fine, add back in the court cost and they will make it a none moving violation, (no raised insurance).
If you ask them though it's about safety, they don't right tickets for revenue.
but they will let you off for enough money!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah these are just parking tickets. the city has just gotten tough lately.

people that don't pay attention to street cleaning now get towed all the time...

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Man these Boston meter maids are merciless.
Are you talking about a fetish thing? Hot chick in a meter maid outfit who is merciless?:bigthumb:

Or are you talking about the fat trolls that hand out revenue coupons?:rawr:

·
Premium Member
2,477 Posts
Fat trolls that couldn't qualify to run the fryer @KFC. A new "hands-free" cell law went into effect today and on my way to a (legal) product drop off I saw four people get pulled over for that. The "Law" has found another way to 'bait and switch' society and they are dancing like "merry men around a May Pole". They tickets are 1st offense $100 2nd $200.

·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jersey's doing the same w/ cell phones. I'm not sure I have a huge problem with it though - there are some drivers that are just BAD drivers on their cell phones...

·
Registered
534 Posts
Jersey's doing the same w/ cell phones. I'm not sure I have a huge problem with it though - there are some drivers that are just BAD drivers on their cell phones...
The FJ is blue tooth enabled:clap: and we gots a lil speaker in the corner. I really dislike talking on phones though anyway.

In Arizona all our steets (and freeways) are now lined with photo radar. The govenor (eerrrr governor) even admitted they need to tickets to generate revenue to balance the budget.

I expect them to ban talking on cell phones while driving any day now as well.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Well, at least it's July, and parking ticket month is over!!:bigthumb::bandit:

·
Registered
143 Posts
I agree that most speeding tickets are more to do with revenue than safety. There are far worse moving violations that should be enforced more heavily than minor speed infractions. These include running red lights, wreckless driving and many of the so-called hyper-miling techniques.

The cell phone law seems to be more about safety and I applaud the effort. As for parking violations, I am generally for them as well. As long as the law is clear, I am fine with parking tickets. As for the cost, if the fines are only a few dollars, there is not much deterant. More expensive fines mean folks will take the laws a bit more seriously.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I agree that most speeding tickets are more to do with revenue than safety. There are far worse moving violations that should be enforced more heavily than minor speed infractions. These include running red lights, wreckless driving and many of the so-called hyper-miling techniques.

Is there something wrong with "wreckless" driving? It beats the alternative :jester:

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
The FJ is blue tooth enabled:clap: and we gots a lil speaker in the corner. I really dislike talking on phones though anyway.

In Arizona all our steets (and freeways) are now lined with photo radar. The govenor (eerrrr governor) even admitted they need to tickets to generate revenue to balance the budget.

I expect them to ban talking on cell phones while driving any day now as well.
They needed the tickets to buy more photo radars.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Man we get hit up all the time here in Denver too. I've paid so much in the past 2 months for parking tickets. The other night I was standing at my childs passenger door to buckle her in...and the meter guy almost hit my half open door...so I tuck back in more...and doing so I got skelched by the man whole steam...and burnt my foot. I have this huge friggin blister on my ankle now. First thing I did was talk to the meter guy to see if he can write up a report...the hubby said sue em' and get our money back for all the parking tickets we've gotten. Fortunately I'm not that type of person but am bummed that they have a valid parking meter in such a harmful area.

·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Shame on you for parking too close to a hydrant.

ha - I wasn't though. there was plenty of room by Boston standards..

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
ha - I wasn't though. there was plenty of room by Boston standards..
Just bustin' on ya. Parking tickets are the worst. There's a coffee shop near my house with a few meters out front. If I see the parking police coming down the street, I usually make a donation a few quarters at a time, just to help out a fellow caffeine addict. With the electonics they use to detect expired meters, they still issue tickets 'cause they say the logged the expired meters. Evil Bastard$.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Hey Boston
time to get a private back bay parking spot in the alleys. Check around, you might find one close to where you live. Worth every penny. Won't have to circle the streets looking for a space at night. I hated that, plus getting stupid tickets when I know I was in legit spaces.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts