Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so the FJ is supposed to be this rough-and-tough vehicle. Mine has the pod with the compass, temp, and attitude display. What's up with that? I can promise I'll never need to be wings level or capture a glideslope while in my FJ

What I would like to see would be *useful* gauges. A voltmeter I can take or leave, at least the FJ has one. What I think the FJ absolutely *needs* is a trans temp gauge. Any vehicle intended to operate offroad, in high-stall conditions, this is a must. The new Tundra and Sequoia have a trans temp gauge

I would also like to see an oil pressure gauge. If there isn't enough room in the cluster, ditch the compass and attitude ball

Some folks like a compass, but there is another place to put it. My 2000 GMC truck had the compass in the rear view mirror, and I've noticed a few Toyota models now have this. Very nice, simple, and clean

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Some people replaced the tilt gauge with a fuel tank gauge for their aux. fuel tank. Which I thought was a nice addition to those gauges.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some people replaced the tilt gauge with a fuel tank gauge for their aux. fuel tank.
See, that works. Neat, simple, and clean installation. That would also be a good spot for an oil pressure or trans temp gauge too

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts