Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started out with waking at 0500 on a Saturday and being restless and just wanting to get out of the house for a while. My daughter, and my two grand daughters (7yo and 2yo) came along with me.

It started out just a nice ride in the desert but then we saw the snow in the distance:

Within a few miles, we were in it:

The Joshua trees and Yucca plants were covered:

A few miles later this was the scene through the windshield. All I can say ia that I was somewhat mesmerized by the whole scene. We just kind of pulled over and marveled at it. I also turned on my 2 meter radio and made contact with a local Emergency Preparedness group back in Vegas just as a test before we continued on:

We stopped at a camp site and took a little stretch break:

This gave the 7 year old some time to work on her Kris Angel levitation skills:

Daughter o' mine found a cool rock formation. We'll be coming back here in the spring for more photos. :lol:

A couple of hours later, we were out of the snow and looking across the desert again:

And this is it. About 5 miles left to go to get back to US 93, about 30 miles north of the I-15/US93 junction.

This was a spur of the moment trip that provided one of the best days I have had in a very long time. I can hardly wait to get on the trails again next weekend!

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Nice pics, thanks for sharing. I've seen alot of snow, but not in a southern desert. Very beautiful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts