Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Members may want to purchase the February 2006 edition of Motor Trend. Mine arrived today and I just finished reading the FJC review. About a dozen great photographs, but nothing we don't know already except more pricing information. Here is the quote:

"Toyota hopes to sell 46,000 Japan built FJ's in 2006, with over 90% equipped with 4WD. 2WD versions will come only with the 5 speed automatic, while four-wheelers will offer the automatic or a 6 speed manual. Expect a well equipped 4x4/automatic to fetch around $27,000, with a base 4x2 commanding roughly $24,000".

If this pricing is true, I will probably pass on purchasing one. It's not the $21,000 bare bones FJC I was hoping for. Will have to wait for official news from Toyota before I make a decision.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
So for all the toys your going to be topping out at $29,9999.98

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I was kind of afraid of that, Toyota is more interested in profit then quanity in the US right now, trying to be sinsitive to the US car makers going down the toilet. The dont want to be blamed for pushing the handle even though GM and Ford climbed in there themselves.

·
Registered
92 Posts
What do you guys want......a GEO? Come on....I think $30K for a topped out fully functional 4WD is pretty darn reasonable these days. It seems that you can't pay too much under 25K anymore for anything worth a damn. I'm pretty stoked on the price range that's expected for the release.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Since the 4x4 Tacoma with V6 has an MSRP of $22k... I thought the FJ cruiser would come in lower than $27k for well equipped.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
THERE WAS A FJC REVIEW ON THE FRONT PAGE OF THE AUTO SECTION OF THE BOSTON GLOBE TODAY. BASE PRICE/AS TESTED:$25-$29,000[EST]. NOTHING NEWSWORTHY IN THE ARTICLE.
I must say that the price seems to be getting a bit outrageous for a well equipped FJC. However, I'm still on board. I know me pretty well. If I was to bail out and buy something different, then I saw my first FJC driving around, I know I'd be really jealous and probably end up hating the truck I was in. So, for the sake of a few thousand bucks I'm sticking with my first love. I might have to compromise on a few add ons, but you do what you gotta do.

·
Registered
142 Posts
4x4/automatic to fetch around $27,000??? I believe one can get a Xterra for $5K less than that! I dont think $5k is worth paying for a name. BTW i own a Toyota 4x4....

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
If the "estimated" MSRP is correct, I feel Toyota misled many of us in promising "affordable" FJC pricing. I thought Toyota would be offering the FJC as a Xterra/Wrangler competitor at the same price point, but so far indications are MSRP pricing will be closer to Hummer H3 territory. A average FJC 4x4 sales transaction is starting to look like this:

Well equiped 4x4 FJC----------$30,000 "out the door" price
20% down payment------------ $6,000

Finance amount-------------- $24,000

48 month loan at 7% interest $574.71
60 month loan at 8% interest $486.63

·
Registered
13 Posts
Who pays MSRP ?

Wait at least 6 months. Most vehicles in the 20's can be had for 2000-4000 off MSRP when you negotiate the price over the net and avoid the entaglements of trade-ins.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
If $30K is the out the door price, which includes TT&L and destination charges, and it's got an auto tranny and Upgrade Package #1 or #2, and a roof rack and a few other accessories, well then I'll take it. Where do I sign? I'll take 5% or 6% interest however.

·
Registered
459 Posts
seenahyena said:
Who pays MSRP ?

Wait at least 6 months. Most vehicles in the 20's can be had for 2000-4000 off MSRP when you negotiate the price over the net and avoid the entaglements of trade-ins.

I will pay MSRP for the FJ if I can get it optioned the way I want for under 30k. I am lookin for 6spd 4x4, Pkg#2, with side curtain airbags. I am guessing 27.5k-28.5k before taxes.

I WILL NOT pay above MSRP though - I beleive that some dealers slap on a MVAP (Market Value Adjusted Price) or some abreviation like that. I remember when the new tacoma's came out and saw a shiny new doublecab and was lookin at the sticker price...and then they had the MVAP which added another 3k. I told them that they were crazy - they told me it was already sold. lol

My point being, I am gonna stick to my guns on this one and if there is a mad rush and they try to play games with the price, I will just sit back and wait.

Having said that...I am #7 on my dealers list (different than one I say tacoma at) and have been told 1) they are getting 11 and 2) they will not mark up from MSRP.

Time will tell :rolleyes:

(fingers crossed)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
seenahyena said:
Who pays MSRP ?

Will not happen with the FJC. Economics 101: Supply and demand. Supply will still be less than demand even after 6 months. I would guess 12-18 months before the demand settles down for the new FJC.

·
Registered
163 Posts
The driver's seat can be adjusted to eight positions; the front passenger's seat can be adjusted four ways. Headroom and legroom are spacious both front and rear, and back seats can fold flat for cargo space.

Hmmm. I thought that the rear seats did not fold flat - or at least not flat with the cargo floor. Some of you guys that have seen it - what's up?

·
Registered
13 Posts
smartdog said:
I will pay MSRP for the FJ if I can get it optioned the way I want for under 30k. I am lookin for 6spd 4x4, Pkg#2, with side curtain airbags. I am guessing 27.5k-28.5k before taxes.

I WILL NOT pay above MSRP though - I beleive that some dealers slap on a MVAP (Market Value Adjusted Price) or some abreviation like that. I remember when the new tacoma's came out and saw a shiny new doublecab and was lookin at the sticker price...and then they had the MVAP which added another 3k. I told them that they were crazy - they told me it was already sold. lol

My point being, I am gonna stick to my guns on this one and if there is a mad rush and they try to play games with the price, I will just sit back and wait.

Having said that...I am #7 on my dealers list (different than one I say tacoma at) and have been told 1) they are getting 11 and 2) they will not mark up from MSRP.

Time will tell :rolleyes:

(fingers crossed)
If I were a gamblin' woman, I would give it 6 months before the prices drop. This is a niche vehicle. Aspects of it such as the suicide doors, lack of sunroof & leather, and to those who closely analyse it - visibility will be inhibiting factors. I'm of the opinion that continued high gas prices and a stagnant 2006 economy will mean reasonable disounts from MSRP by Christmas of next year. I think what Toyota may have in its favor to keep prices up a bit will be low production numbers. I know V8 4Runners could be had this month at 7K off MSRP and that is quite a discount for that more mainstream vehicle.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts

You still have to get the Convenience package to get #2. Also, don't hold your breath on the fact that your dealer is getting 11 of them. None of the dealers seem to even know what the FJC is, let alone how many they might get.
BTW, which dealer in Mass are you using??

·
Registered
459 Posts
I am using Boch Toyota - big boy on the block in our neck of the woods. (volume = selection i thinks)

I forgot bout the convenience pkg - yeah, that I'll get too. And I forgot to mention the roof rack. So I am guessing in the 28k range.

And I take your point - he may not know how many they are getting. However, given they are the largest dealer in the area, I am hoping that will somehow figure into the number they will initially get and thus increase my chances of getting one when they initially come out.

Are you on a waitin list? If so, which dealer are you using? (I am assuming u r in mass...?)

·
Registered
163 Posts
and a stagnant 2006 economy

Hey Seenahyena - Let's hope not! Out of curisoity, why do you think the ecoomy will be stagnant? By the way, intersting name! :)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts