Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just returned from my local Barnes & Noble with two mag-rag's and a cafe mocha $15.55 (Ca-Ching!) One rag has the the FJC! The other has a killer article on bullet-proofing a NP205 (the transfer case on my Travelall). I feel like a little kid in a candy store...

Motor Trend Truck, SUV & Minivan Buyer's Guide (2006-2007) has an article on the FJC (page 22-25). To quote the article:

"Toyota is saying the starting price for the FJ Cruiser won't be more than $22,000, with a fully loaded model in the mid- to high-$26,000 range. Probably not a lot of profit at that price, but, then again, Toyota's good at thinking long-term about its investments."

SOUNDS GOOD TO ME!

Gonna Hunker-Down and read the article while watching the USC vs. UCLA game. Don't know which will hold my attention more???

Cheers all! :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I wonder if the MT buyers guide has the same article as Truck Trend this month. They are the kings of cross publishing. The TT Sport/Utility of the year is basically a copy of the MT version with less text. The TT pricing blurb says 22k base, fully optioned 27k both are obviously listed as estimated.

Interesting in the TT article is the "new" FJ40s being built by TLC (tlc4x4.com), they look really cool but I can think of better things to do with 90K.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have been to two dealers in Oklahoma City. One said two tier pricing: 25K and 27 K.
The other said three tier pricing: 25, 27 and 30K. The dealiers I have tlaked to know very little but say that 35 to 40K will be produced the first year.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just Like the first generation Prius....about 5-7k below actual value/price of vehicle. To get people interested...note--following model went up in price 5-7k dollars.

·
Registered
132 Posts
These should be very profitable vehicles for Toyota. Most of the engineering cost for the chasis was taken care of w/ the european land cruiser 300 (at least thats what its called in austria). The drivetrain for the most part was engineered for the Taco & 4Runner already, so its taken care of. The interior is nothing special, and relatively straight forward, and a wagon body is also the least expesive body to produce. It is still expensive to design a new vehicle, and it takes a while to get a return sometimes, but this will be nothing like the prius that they sold at a loss to test the market and see how it reacts. Toyota already know that virtually every toyota 4x4 enthusiast in every country where this will sell will have their eye on this, and it has cought the attention of many others as well. I'm a Jeep guy right now, but I want one of these bad...

·
Registered
348 Posts
ForDRTnST said:
Just Like the first generation Prius....about 5-7k below actual value/price of vehicle. To get people interested...note--following model went up in price 5-7k dollars.
That was my feeling from the get go. That's why I ordered one as soon as I was aware of them. I believe the price will go up. (The value is already there...it's worth more than we're paying as MSRP!) Just look at other comparable vehicles out there. (If you consider ANYTHING out there comparable.) Still waiting for my Black Cherry-manual transmission. Latest arrival date was May 30-June 10.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts