Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
let me preface this by saying that i have the utmost respect for law enforcement in general and the law (even though i may disagree with some laws, they are the law, period.) tonight a gang of motors were out tonight stopping people for any reason. i understand what they are doing because it is their job to do so. but i have a problem with them causing a road hazard by traveling at roughly 10-15 mph on a three lane road with their eyes focused on 100 different places. it causes a safety issue for them and those around them. i also have a problem with them doing what i said, and on top of that, traveling through red lights and making illegal u-turns against a red light. it is one thing to do so in pursuit of someone or to stop someone, but to do that just scouting for the next target is plain stupidity. they should safely view traffic from a location that causes no hazard to anyone on the road.

as i was watching this mayhem, i got tagged for window tint. my fault, its illegal. it was a matter of time before i got one. my tint is extremely dark due to having lived in Az. i'm not here to complain about me getting a ticket so much as find out others thoughts on the subject.

having been extremely interested in joining the CHP, i have been on ride alongs. they travel fast in between groups of traffic to catch up to the next wave, but they dont completely disregard the law to find someone doing exactly that.

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like you had a bad day. Cops should obey all traffic laws in a perfect society but sometimes they take shortcuts to get the job done like everyone else. :bandit:
there are many other ways to safely do your job than risk causing harm to the public that you took an oath to protect and serve.

not really a bad day, long day, but not bad. just got a little annoyed with this mess that i had to avoid as i tried to get home.

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Motor officers are just plain nutz.
i didnt expect you to chime in with much substance. i understand. i watch many put their foot in their mouth on the CHP forums, one which i am not a member of for that very reason; especially since i hope to begin a career with them at some time in the future when they wont have a reason to turn me down.

lack of life experience... cant help that at 21. i am doing a lot to change that since i learned a lot from the hiring process.

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
there are bad apples in every profession you will ever come across. to make a blanket statement like that is just plain ignorant.

i knew this would bring in some jibber jabber, but i would hope it would be in respect of LE. maybe you could narrow down your experience with the topic or rant.

if you have nothing decent to say, take it as a rant and leave it alone.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Police are an organized gang that is above the law. Understand that and stay away from them like you would a gang of crips or bloods.

Thats my philosophy
Be sure to teach your children that philosophy so that they can pass it on.

And yes, motor officer have issues- and they also do alot of directed enforcement like that They were probably riding slow so they could see into cars to nab the cell phone violators. They probably got you because they could not see if you were on the phone. Of coure this only is my opinion and more free speech.

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Be sure to teach your children that philosophy so that they can pass it on.

And yes, motor officer have issues- and they also do alot of directed enforcement like that They were probably riding slow so they could see into cars to nab the cell phone violators. They probably got you because they could not see if you were on the phone. Of coure this only is my opinion and more free speech.
they have been doing a lot of cell phone enforcement. i figured because the guy that got me was looking at me head on as i was doing nothing wrong. just once more, i'm not mad because i got cited.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Briman, if you see a ton of cops riding around, and you have Illegal tint, why in the world wouldn't you drive around with your front windows down. I know they can pull you over, get you to raise up your windows. But, it seems like this would help, wouldn't it?

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
I'm surprised you got nabbed for tint really unless you drive like an ass. I have always tinted my vehicle windows past legal (which is only 50% here in the land of beer, cheese and fat chicks), and in the 12 years I have lived in Wisconsin, never once gotten nabbed for it - even with officers doing pop inspections stops, etc.

I went on quite a few "ride-alongs" with a friend in law enforcement, and he told me much like a burnt out taillight or other vehicle defects, illegal tint is really just a reason to pull you over to check you out for some other suspected activity.

I am always a courteous driver and go no more than 5-over the speed limit, so I don't raise too much suspicion. Well, that and every vehicle (except Luna as of yet) has been highly detailed with vinyl graphics - so I often wonder if cops figure "who would be stupid enough to be doing something illegal in such a brazen and recognizable vehicle. :lol:

Around here in Milwaukee, it's the black and "wanna be black" white folks in their blinged out sh!tty American cars with limo tint all around that get the tint stops. :bigthumb:

Speaking of motorcycles tho, I wish the cops would just enforce the noise ordinances and get rid of all those childish thirty-something jackasses seeking attention on their loud, mufflerless Harleys. :flame: Why don't those morons realize no one thinks "Hey, listen to that cool bike." They think, "Listen to that annoying 10yr old compensating for the tiny pipe in his shorts by riding a loud bike." That's a real pet peeve of mine - so I'll save THAT for another discussion.

Howls,
FJ Wolf

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
The police are just like any cross section of the population. You have your saints and you have just plain old jerks who really should be doing something else. I especially enjoyed this one guy who showed up at my house a few weeks ago when my terminally ill room mate decided to take a shortcut to the grave with a gun shot to his chest. Now i know they have to handle this as a homicide but wow was this guy an ass. Besides not listining to me when he got here and treating me like a murderer, He almost got in a real bad situation himself. Before he got here I put my dogs into my bedroom, he has his gun drawn and goes to open my bedroom door. I tell him not to open that door and he starts screaming at me immediatly as to why and what am i hiding in there. I end up having to yell "BIG DOG" so he does not open the door. Fortunatly sampson started going off in there and the officer got the picture. Ah the joys of having you and your wifes hands bagged and cuffed then thrown into a police car for a few hours.

Fortunatly the CSI and the Homicide detective were great and got everything straightend out in short order.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Sampson is a great dog and not prone to being nasty or anything but he is in his home and a stranger busting in the door will get a response of the worst kind. Later i got him out side and once he saw we were ok he was just a big wiggle worm and the police were just in awe of his obediance. Gotta love the rotti!

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Sampson is a great dog and not prone to being nasty or anything but he is in his home and a stranger busting in the door will get a response of the worst kind. Later i got him out side and once he saw we were ok he was just a big wiggle worm and the police were just in awe of his obediance. Gotta love the rotti!
It's a good thing the officer listened to you, lest you might have lost your roommate AND a good four-legged friend!

Howls,
FJ Wolf

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.