Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a CVT rtt that I will be mounting on this season. For guys who have flat racks, what's your technique in mounting and securing the bolts underneath the rack? There's not a lot of space to fit a hand between the roof of the FJ and the rack to tighten the bolts of my tent onto my bajarack.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
I put the tent on the rack. then I get the tent in position. I then prop one side up with short pieces of 2x4 and slide my brackets in the track to the desired cross bar ( i leave one side of the bracket with the nut in the tight position that way I only need to thread one nut on the brackets and only tighten one on each of the brackets). take the 2x4 out and put the second nut on the bracket and leave it loose. then repeat for the other side then tighten all four brackets. I use a speed wrench and swear quite a lot lol. not much room to work.

I have been thinking about trying to make quick release brackets just need to mock one up to see if my idea will work.

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
Speed wrenches and an 18" ratchet has helped me with mine. It's still kind of a pain in the butt, although very doable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts