Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mom got me the RAD-1 digital inclinometer for my upcoming birthday (june 1:clap:) and I was just wondering where you guys are mounting them. I have the gauge cluster, so dead center on the dash isn't an option. Just trying to get some Ideas. I know Air2Air has one, but don't know how he mounted his. RAD-1 Digital Inclinometer

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm guessing not many people have one of these based on the fact that I got zero responses. I went ahead and just mounted it to the top of the dash compartment. I cut the lighter plug off and hardwired it in. I used layers of 3M mounting tape to level it and a velcro patch to hold it in place. I also ordered a window mount for it incase I want to move it for some reason. So far it is doing well where it is. Definitely more useful than the ball gauge. I just set the alarm angles at the maximum of 60 degrees so it doesn't bother me with beeping. It is only accurate for slow speed travel, but I just leave mine in all the time. Just another cool little gadget!

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
looks like a pretty cool mounting position! BTW Happy Birthday!!!:cheers:

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
How did you run the wire to the fuse box?

I'm guessing not many people have one of these based on the fact that I got zero responses. I went ahead and just mounted
it to the top of the dash compartment. I cut the lighter plug off and hardwired it in. I used layers of 3M mounting tape to level it and a velcro patch to hold it in place. I also ordered a window mount for it incase I want to move it for some reason. So far it is doing well where it is. Definitely more useful than the ball gauge. I just set the alarm angles at the maximum of 60 degrees so it doesn't bother me with beeping. It is only accurate for slow speed travel, but I just leave mine in all the time. Just another cool little gadget!

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll have to post some pics. I can show you a pic of the window mount too. PM me and remind me if I forget. I have a crazy month ahead of me, and at the moment I think my male lab impaled his front left foot on something and he may have a foreign body in the wound. I swear.... the other day I had to dig a few giant thorns out of his face.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
PM sent!

I'll have to post some pics. I can show you a pic of the window mount too. PM me and remind me if I forget. I have a crazy month ahead of me, and at the moment I think my male lab impaled his front left foot on something and he may have a foreign body in the wound. I swear.... the other day I had to dig a few giant thorns out of his face.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Never did make it into town. They are tearing up the entire street system in town, and I couldn't deal with trying to figure out how to make it to the library. I made it to the door once, but then realized I was strapped, so had to walk all the way back to where I parked. I'm really beat right now.... got sick. I'll get that stuff posted soon. I can't answer your questions because I just watched my friend do the wiring.... I don't like messing with electronics. I think I have a fear of electrically charged wires. But your questions are important, and i can tell you the forum member to ask. I'll post it here with the pics of how I ran it. I'm sure yours is much cleaner looking. I'm lazy about wires. It is a rats nest behind my dash. Info and photos coming soon.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Dude... you crack me up.

Anyway... how sensative is that little birthday present? btw.. Happy belated bday.

Just curious if it is constantly going crazy when you are on the road? Or do you just turn it off when not needed. I like your mounting position... it's right in your face so you can keep a close eye on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts