Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see there is a Freedom Window GB at FJ Bruisers with very limited interest, I saw 1 person signed up. (1-5 people there is no discount)

Why not move that GB to here, we need 16 people to get the $349 price, that's not bad. I am sure we would get 16 in less than 24 hours.

That way we could get the ball rolling here while there is a lot of interest.

Link for those who may not know what I am talking about.
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...al-tech/124401-freedom-windows-installed.html

Maybe this will be 1 GB I wont miss :)

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I agree. I like them, but I cannon spend that much money on a "pointless" mod right now. It's purely aesthetic, so, not on my priority list.

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree. I like them, but I cannon spend that much money on a "pointless" mod right now. It's purely aesthetic, so, not on my priority list.

I hear you, but IMO they are more than an aesthetic mod, being able to open those windows is very beneficial.......turn to the dark side and bump this mod up your list:wave::bigthumb:

·
Registered
460 Posts
I just don't see the point.. Are you gonna open your suicide doors before you get in, reach back there, open the window, close the suicide door, go around to the other side, repeat, go back around, get in, close your door, start your FJ, get moving, and then convince yourself that you feel a difference from the drivers seat? I mean I guess you will.. (convince yourself that is) I mean you did after-all spend a bunch of money and time on the mod.. My FJ-40 has these in the back, well they came stock, and I can reach them from the rear ambulance door if I wanted to. (I don't) But rear passengers can access them from the jump seats. If they want to.. I could care less.. So unless you're doing this for your rear seat riding passengers, which is quite generous, this IS a pointless mod. And Capt, I wouldn't call it aesthetic since that infers aesthetically pleasing, which, it is not.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
If you have a dog, or backseat passengers it does. If i was still driving the FJ this mod would be bumped up to numero uno for my dog.

·
Banned
1,667 Posts
Socal boards have a ton of interest but IMO these things are ugly and relatively pointless. The look like airplane windows and as far as I know all fjc come with ac.

To bad they don't slide up and down.
I have pop outs in my truck and I used them once in 4 years only because I had to leave my dog in the car for 10 min. They just make wind noise and that's about it

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
OK ALL, YOU ALL HAVE BEEN WAITING AND WE ARE GETTING CLOSE. IN THE NEXT WEEK WE WILL BE ANNOUNCING A 4 DAY SALE OF FJ FREEDOM WINDOWS. MOST OF YOU KNOW WE ARE A FAIRLY NEW COMPANY AND WE HAVE HAD A TREMENDOUS AMOUNT OF SUPPORT THROUGHOUT THE WORLD. KEEP POSTED TO THE THREADS TO FIND OUT WHEN THE SALE IS GOING TO START. THIS IS NOT GOING TO BE A GROUP BUY ITS GOING TO BE BETTER, JUST A GREAT SALE FOR ALL OF THOSE WHO HAVE WANTED ONE WITH NO MINIMUM BUY.

KEEP POSTED

CHEERS,

DOUG
FJ FREEDOM WINDOWS. :clap::cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
We had a group buy at the NOrCalFJs forums.
My order is schedule to be delivered by FEDEX, 04 June, 2011.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
ive had mine for like 3 months and finally going to get them installed in the next couple weeks.
Its funny that people that don't like a product feel the need to get on here and tell others why they should not get them. If you don't like something, it doesn't mean the person next to you will feel the same.
These are a good product, and the company was great to work with.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
ive had mine for like 3 months and finally going to get them installed in the next couple weeks.
Its funny that people that don't like a product feel the need to get on here and tell others why they should not get them. If you don't like something, it doesn't mean the person next to you will feel the same.
These are a good product, and the company was great to work with.
X2! If you don't have anything good to say...don't say anything at all!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Is this a finished install? Is the inner trim supposed to be used or not? It seems like there is some raw sheet metal edge there and the freedom window doesn't match the outline of the FJ window

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 Toyota Trail Teams Special Edition FJ Cruiser
2,470 Posts
IAnd Capt, I wouldn't call it aesthetic since that infers aesthetically pleasing, which, it is not.
How is this any different, aesthetically, than stock?

Personally I like them. Yes, not super practical, but nice to have...just for the option.

·
Kokopelli Moderator
3,236 Posts
I like them a lot.

That being said, I have seen stock FJ's tackle a bunch of trails at the Summit and in Moab. If stock can make it, then aren't all mods "pointless"?

One man's mod is another man's b!tch session.

Looking forward to what the sale brings! :bigthumb:

One last thought: These Freedom Windows are "ugly"? Have you noticed what you drive? :lol: (BTW, I love my ugly FJ!)

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
I plan on getting them. A great company that is trying to fill a need that many of us have should be supported. We all have our priorities...

·
Premium Member
6,611 Posts
anyone in the seattle area have the Freedom windows? I would love to see them installed up close.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts