Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like how the FJC looks with the mud flaps removed. I finally got around to removing them but when I did I didnt like how the fender flare looked with th piece of plastic behind the rear wheel well. I always thought the rear flap was way too long so I mounted the front mud flap on the rear. I had to trim some of the inner part of it but I think it lines up pretty good. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
8,140 Posts
Now that is some nice work. I may just have to do that, I hate seeing that random bit of blue metal sticking out right there.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Well done Johne, I feel the same way and would never have thought of doing that. I think I will have to follow your lead on this. Thanks much for the idea and the post. Virtual rep points for you!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Why can't I ever think of anything cool like everybody else? Maybe my wife is right, I am dumb. Someday I will think of something....

·
Premium Member
7,734 Posts
vry cool, but what about that empty hole in the front fender? I just left mine on and trimmed them with shears, mabey the rear ones will fit front and you can chop em to fill the void. just an suggestion

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
vry cool, but what about that empty hole in the front fender? I just left mine on and trimmed them with shears, mabey the rear ones will fit front and you can chop em to fill the void. just an suggestion
I dont mind the void. I did bolt up the piece I cut off the front mud flap there but didnt like how it looked . I just didnt like the large gap between the bottom of the flare and the bottom of the piece of plastic behind the rear wheel well.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
matches up great. Looks like it was put on from the factory.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Great idea, I was looking at that rear flap today & thought it looked kind of long(strange I came across this thread today),I was thinking of just hacking off the rear flap with a dremel & hope it looked OK. Installed 3" lift a week ago & was just checking things out. I will make the swap this weekend. Gotta love the Free, Kool mod.'s. That's using the old bean. Great Job. Edit comment: Re: void in front where flap was removed- I'm heading to the dealer on Monday to inquire about Toyota acc. & I'll order a set of front mud flaps & just have 4 front mud flaps all the way around on the FJ.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Thanks again Johne. I purchased a set of new front flaps and mounted them on the rear. It looks far better than it did without the long flaps, or with them. I retained the flaps on the front

·
Registered
521 Posts
Looks great! I may have to copy you, if you don't mind.

·
Kokopelli Moderator
3,236 Posts
Great idea, I was looking at that rear flap today & thought it looked kind of long(strange I came across this thread today),I was thinking of just hacking off the rear flap with a dremel & hope it looked OK. Installed 3" lift a week ago & was just checking things out. I will make the swap this weekend. Gotta love the Free, Kool mod.'s. That's using the old bean. Great Job. Edit comment: Re: void in front where flap was removed- I'm heading to the dealer on Monday to inquire about Toyota acc. & I'll order a set of front mud flaps & just have 4 front mud flaps all the way around on the FJ.
As i was reading through the thread, I was thinking "why not just have 4 front mud flaps" and then MAXXFJ comes through with it! SWEET! Great minds thinking alike!

Why can't I ever think of anything cool like everybody else? Maybe my wife is right, I am dumb. Someday I will think of something....
Just remind your bride that she married you....where exactly does that put her on the evolutionary scale? (I can say stuff like this because I am from SE Idaho!) :jester::jester:

·
Registered
308 Posts
As i was reading through the thread, I was thinking "why not just have 4 front mud flaps" and then MAXXFJ comes through with it! SWEET! Great minds thinking alike!

Just remind your bride that she married you....where exactly does that put her on the evolutionary scale? (I can say stuff like this because I am from SE Idaho!) :jester::jester:
Now that's thinking.....I love the idea of 4 front flaps! Rock on! :rocker:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts