Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We moved from Ketchum, Idaho to Austin, Texas six months ago, man that was a terrible idea. Did you guys know Austin has zero mountains? :p I never knew what a huge hole not seeing those gorgeous peaks on the horizon would leave in my heart.

Anyway the wife and I are moving back west to SLC, she lived there for a few years before we met and she has some family there but we are scheduled to pull in December 16th and we haven't found a place to live or a gig! Anyone know of any downtown/liberty park rentals that are available? We could really use some help! We've been checking KSL and Craigslist daily but we're starting to stress as nothing as panned out yet, if anyone has some insider information, I would sure appreciate it.

If not, then I'll see ya on the trails soon enough!

Are you SLC FJ's on Ham or CB?
-jake
W4NTD

·
Registered
14 Posts
I hear you on the mountains man! I have only been without them once and I hated it. As far as a place to live you might try some spots outside downtown. I am out in Tooele County. It is a 30 min drive but an easy one. There are a lot of places south of SLC as well but traffic will be a beast. You might look in the Cottonwood area as well a ton of new houses and apartments have gone in around there. Hope you figure it out.

·
Registered
695 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really? Why? My wife lived two blocks from there previously and loved it. We are looking in the sub-900/mth price at least initially. I am also going through a bit of a mid-life crises and wanting a complete career change so we might both just be working whatever we can find in the meantime and do not want to be house poor.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Welcome back to Gods Country. I'm from Utah but don't know of any leads for you. I'm sure you will find what you are looking for.

I'll bet you loved Idaho. I raced in a couple Grand Prix's in Sun Valley, (30 years ago!! Amazing country.

Good luck with your quest.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts